High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 18 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:26 pm

**It's my favorite song,** Ridge sent openly back to Swirling as they danced. The sound of Brooksong's voice and the pace of the dance made him feel like he was flying, but he couldn't help wish for something slower.

**Thank you, it was one of your tribe mates who taught me how to dance,** he lock-sent back to Swirling. He grinned as her fingers brushed through his hair. His next sending was warm and full of fondness for Swirling, **The SeaFolk are wonderful dancers, but you're by far one of the best.**

Ridge held Swirling a moment longer necessary when her back was pressed to his chest. He buried his nose in her hair that smelled of sunshine and salt-water and held her close. He looked into her eyes and felt as though he could get lost in them forever.

**Happy doesn't even begin to describe the way you make me feel,** Ridge lock-sent to Swirling. He smiled a slow, one that was full of affection for her. It was a smile he had never smiled before.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 18 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by WolfCandy Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:27 am

Tern wrinkled his nose in mock disgust at the chief's declaration, "If you say so, friend. Whatever makes you WolfFolk's fins flap." He looked back at Brooksong, then turned his gaze to Straystar, eyes squinted in exaggerated calculation, "It must skip a generation," he finally said.

His impish smile faded and he let out a clear laugh as he spun Straystar around, an indication that his gibes were all in good fun. He followed his friend's gaze to also catch sight of Ridge and Swirling. He chuckled to himself in satisfaction. I guess those lessons paid off, he thought. "Yes," he agreed, "Gloomy days seem to have away of turning around to be the best."

Tern tried not to think about it. He tried not to think about how he wished the dark cloud that was Kaimeta would turn around too. Tried not to remember that it couldn't. And he was successful for the moment, when the beat quickened and rescued him from whatever edge he had been standing on. It was these things, these normal things that kept him from toppling over. The companionship of friends and the high energy of a dance by the firelight.

"Tell me, chieftan," he said after being brought both back in and out of reality, "Is this a song of your tribe, or one your daughter has written herself?"
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:18 pm

"Hah! You could be onto something there or I just did not take after my mothers side." Straystar paused to listen again to the words being sung, "Hmmm this one I think was written by Silverbirch, 'the night hunters silent wings' speaks of a bird that does not live here but lived in the Skynest Holt where my Tribe came from so long ago. I wonder if the trees there ever recovered?" He looked lost in thought for a moment and popped back to the dancing as they twirled again keeping his footing with the agility of one used to sprinting on uneven ground."

"Ahh but she has written some herself too. The one before I believe is hers, especially since I don't recall hearing it before. Granted my memory is more scattered that normal at these festivals between the drink your folk have and the Dreamberry wine." he grinned "the sun and I are never good friends the next day!"
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:18 pm

His smile made her heart beat faster, butterflies fluttering in her belly.With regret she stepped out his embrace and quickly turned, so she could face him. Her heart was in her throat.

She put both her arms around his neck. ** You make me feel special, she locksent. ** When she smiled at Ridge a little of her fantasy escaped as she sent her trust and comfort, Ridge could see a romantic picture of both of them along the beach, the campfire was first small but it grew into a fierce fire, a fire that felt gentle and warm and enveloped both of them.

Swirling was not aware she shared that picture, she continued staring in his eyes. It was so unexpected, so sudden, but she definitely felt attracted by Ridge, and she was lucky,......,he felt something for her to. She lost her self in his eyes, while they turned, made side steps, turning again. Swirling never lost eye contact, her feet were on automatic pilot as she followed his lead.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:51 pm

"Perhaps you will find out one day," Tern mused as he observed the thoughtful expression on his partner's face. "Being able to both sing and write lyrics is quite a talent," he said, then laughed at Straystar's next words, "Our festivals only come every once in a while, I'd say it's worth the discomfort afterwards." He grinned, knowing that the next day he would change his mind.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Ridge placed his arms around Swirling's waist when she turned to face him and rested his forehead against her's. His eyes widened ever so slightly at the image that Swirling accidentally sent to him. The image of them together with the fire that consumed them.

He responded with a smile and pure bliss in the form of lock-sending, but, privately, something akin to doubt stirred in his gut. He couldn't deny that he was attracted to Swirling and that in the short time they'd been together he'd become quite fond of her, but it was more than just that. He didn't doubt that they were compatible, but how would a relationship between an elf of the SeaFolk and an elf of the WolfFolk develop?

Ridge was afraid to share his doubts with gentle, innocent Swirling. He didn't want to tarnish their moment together, but there were questions to be answered. They can wait until later, Ridge told himself.

**You're more special than you know, Swirl,** Ridge lock-sent. He allowed her to feel his warmth and affection, but he refused to express his doubt to her. He loved his tribe and he was a WolfFolk through and through. He was also the cub-minder. He couldn't leave his tribe behind nor would he take Swirling from her tribe. How could anything come of this if they couldn't be together?

Another fear washed over Ridge, a fear he had never felt before. Fear of the Now. If he and Swirling parted ways, how long would it be before he forgot her? Fear gripped Ridge's heart. He had never thought much of the Now before, it had just been a part of his life, but now it threatened what was just starting to bloom. As far as he knew, Swirling didn't even know about the Now.

Ridge leaned down suddenly, brushing his lips across Swirling's lips. It wasn't quite a kiss, but it was a much more intimate gesture than he'd ever done before.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Stormcloud was surprised by the sudden hug from Kaimeta. **Um... you are welcome!** She sent back, hugging the High One in return.

They danced some more, and Stormcloud wondered what had weighed on Kaimeta's mind and why she was so grateful all of a sudden. She had completely missed the fact that a Recognition had taken place, and she had not heard anyone mention it either.

--

Snaketwist watched Silence's actions carefully, responding in open sending since that seemed to be the other's preferred way of talking. **I do that same thing with large fish**, he said, meaning the cutting incisions into the flesh to get the tastes in. **And two of those herbs are ones my people use also. But what is the one called that you added last, and where does it usually grow?** He asked, not recognizing the plant in its dried form.

As the meat was put on fire, he sat beside Silence. **The daggertooth... well, they are hunters. They sense blood in the water from a long way away, so when one of them attacks an elf, others will soon swarm nearby also. We were fortunate to encounter just one of them today. The first thing I noticed was the taste of blood in the water, and since we were looking for the pips, my heart feared that they were hurt. Thankfully, that was not the case.**
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:02 pm

"Hmmm Perhaps, it is a long way to travel and thoughts for another time. This is a night of fun and friends!" he replied  

Brooksong stood up and brushed the sand off of her. Glancing around she noticed she did not see Serpentfang anywhere. Wasn't he just talking to the Highone not to long ago. She then saw him over by the food table. Her stomach announced to her that it wanted to eat too as she caught a whiff of the food that was starting to be cooked, she could hear the fat sizzling and dripping into the fire. She walked over toward the food table to see what was there to curb her appetite until something was ready to eat, thought she would have been fine eating the meat uncooked as well. She started to walk towards the table on the outskirts of the dancers so as to not disrupt them.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:57 pm

"This? This are the leaves of the moonflower. It grows nearby sweet water. It only blossoms by full moon, the flowers are purple but you don't eat those. You can only use the leaves on meat in their dried form. It taste different when their are fresh, you can use them in a soup though. If you like, I'll get you some, tomorrow evening it will be full moon."
He turned the tusk pig.

"So Daggertooth hunt in pack? How do you see them coming, do you smell them?
Have they an hierarchical picking order?"
** Sorry, I'm just fascinated, how did you defeat it? Has it weaknesses?** A little embarrassed Silence smiled apologetically at Snaketwist, his sending was filled with eagerness and fascination.

Swirling trembled, where his lips gently touched hers, a warm tingling sensation lingered, her eyes widened. Automatically her hands nestled themselves in his hair, trying to keep the contact, her lips searching his.
Thousands butterflies danced in her stomach. Softly she kissed his lips, her legs becoming weak like butter.

Surprised by her own desire the unthinkable happened, she lost control of her feet, missed several steps, and lost her balance. Clumsily she fell against Ridge, her hands let go of his hair and she tried to clung to his shoulders and straighten herself to prevent that both of them fell down.

She looked a little embarrassed, a nervous giggle escaped her lips
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:32 am

As a shift in the music called for a change in partners, Tern said a brief good bye to his friend and allowed his feet to carry himself away from Straystar and on to another elf. Almost having totally forgotten about Kaimeta, he was quite surprised-especially since his new partner was short-and more than a little unhappy to find her as he placed his arms around the elf and looked up. His heart sunk and he looked desperately around for an escape, but there was none. Finally he faced her, trying to remain impassive.

"Kaimeta," he said with a nod. He had originally planned to leave it at that, but suddenly his tongue was deciding to continue on without having even consulted him first, "Look, I know this was all a mistake, but can we at least get it over with?" The words were like bile burning up his throat. He couldn't bear to give up his lifemate like this. No, she's not my lifemate, he scolded himself. Not only did they burn his throat, but they stung his ears. He hated hearing the desperation in his voice. All he wanted was to get it done as fast as possible so that they could put it behind them; he didn't want to continue on like this. However, what he wanted more was to not show it. Unfortunately, so far, he had gotten neither.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Ridge's eyes widened a little in surprise as Swirling sank her fingers into his hair, but when she stumbled he acted on instinct. He caught her as she grabbed his shoulders and held her to his chest.

Ridge sighed with relief as she straightened herself and giggled. He smiled sympathetically at her. At least they hadn't gone toppling. He stopped dancing and looked at her, aware of the other dancers switching partners.

**I don't want to dance with anyone else, but this dance demands it,** Ridge lock-sent to Swirling, his disappointment evident. **Do you want to keep dancing, or should we find a place away from the dancers?** At the end a smile curled his lips.

--

Serpent Fang stood by the food tables, watching the dancers as the spun and wove with and around each other. Silently he picked at a cooked and seasoned fish. He'd realized after Kaimeta had healed him just how hungry he was, but he found himself reluctant to eat. he knew that he'd lost a lot of blood and that he needed to eat and rest, but he just couldn't bring himself to do either.

He glanced over at his shoulder at Brooksong whom had abandoned her singing and now made her way over to the food tables. **Greeting Brooksong,** he sent to her, his sending devoid of malice or anything else for that matter.

Serpent Fang had taken up his watchfulness again, but himself sluggish. It's because of the wound, he reminded himself sharply, looking down at the scars that now crisscrossed his arm.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:36 pm

When Ridge stopped dancing, Swirling stayed comfortably in his arms. She completely forgot that they had to change partners. She looked around her and noticed that Tern was now dancing with Kaimeta, she was happy for them, she had still hope that she would find her own soulmate, one day.

Swirling agreed, she didn't want to change partner either. She whispered in his ear: "I think it's better we let the floor to the other dancers. It's hard to stay in balance, you're to distracting to me, "she teased. Swirling looked at Ridge, and smiled an innocent smile, she locksent **Do you want us to take a walk or should we go to drink and eat something or have you another idea? ** Small glimpses of her desire popped up in her sending.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Ridge smiled a different kind of smile and whispered in her ear, "You have no idea how distracting you are to me."

**Why don't we just walk for a little bit,** he lock-sent to her, trying to keep himself completely calm. He caught the glimpses of what she desired, but forced himself not to seize the chance.

He took Swirling's hand and guided her away from the dance. A walk along the shore he hoped would give them time to be together for at least a little while longer. Somewhere farther from the others. He smiled warmly at Swirling, trying to keep his thoughts from venturing into inappropriate areas.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Straystar watched as Tern unknowingly spun towards Kai, he Swung in and swept up Stormcloud in  fluid moment, "Good evening, looks like you stuck with me for the moment." Do you know what you're doing because I was just following Tern but." He winked teasing her.

Brooksong walked up to the table next to Serpentfang "Hello, are you enjoying the festival?" She noticed he looked paler if that was possible in the firelight. She  looked to the table and grabbed a piece of Tillapia and took a bite. She was famished more so than she thought. She noted him look down at his arm with white lines on it, "Are you okay? is there anything I can do or help with?" She asked cocking her head to one side slightly, her eyes clear and innocent of any of the events that had occurred, let alone his near brush with death.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Kai wasn't too happy to find her new dance partner was Tern but in the end he was the one she wanted to dance with most, so it at least filled a small desire in her. At his words that their recognition was a mistake, she wanted to slap the boy. How could he say that? Just because it was sudden like all recognitions and it had caught them both unaware, it still was no mistake. It hurt her that he thought that way.

"Tern." Kai's voice was full of hurt and very soft. "This is no mistake. It just caught me off guard as I'm sure it did you." She followed his lead as they danced, they moved as if they had always been dance partners. She wasn't sure what to say. She didn't want to hurt the boy but she didn't want to throw his dreams and hopes out the window.

She stopped his hands in hers. "Tell you what, Tern." She said hoping her idea would help. "You want your first recognition partner to be your life mate and that I find desperately sweet." She did it melted her heart to think of how much he had changed from when he was younger. "I haven't said no to you." She said hoping that he might feel a little better. "But till now I've looked at you as a son." She paused, how to put this...."Tern," She started again. "Win my heart." She said. "Show me how much you want this, change my mind." She paused. She could feel it now, as the words of Brooksong echoed in her mind. "Heal me, show me that I am good enough for you." that was the root of it wasn't it? The High One felt she wasn't good enough for another. She was so broken and disconnected that she felt she didn't deserve the love another, and this was a change for her to grow beyond her past now that she had let it go. "Show me we can build a family." she muttered stepping closer to the younger elf. She was crying just a little now. "Please show me..." She wanted to say, show me that I am wanted that I am needed that I am good enough, but she couldn't say that. She wanted him to know that she was more than willing to let him try and win her heart, and in doing so become her life mate too. She wanted this, even if she didn't know it yet.

"I believe in you." She said softly just before she kissed him. Oh High One, she was sending all the wrong signals, she knew he wasn't going to be coming home with her tonight.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:53 pm

**Well enough,** Serpent Fang sent in answer to how he was enjoying the festival. He looked away from his arm and at Brooksong. She was so young and despite the events of the day, she still had an innocence about her. Was there anything she could do or help with?

**No,** Serpent Fang answered shortly. He was too exhausted for his sending to be brutal, but their was a bite of impatient to it. He didn't ask for help. Not from anyone.

Serpent Fang flexed his fingers experimentally. They were working fine, but he felt exposed, vulnerable without his spear at his side. He thought ruefully about how it had been lost in the attack.

He looked at Brooksong, his expression closed. He felt exhausted and vulnerable, but he still craved the company of others. Not a lovemate; no, he didn't want a lovemate. He'd had too many of them. He didn't want to subjugate himself to such pain and devotion again. However, he did want someone there. A presence nearby, even if they were ignoring him.

Serpent Fang snorted to himself and shook his head. **There's nothing you can do,** he sent to Brooksong. She didn't need to be tarnished and bogged down by his menial complaints.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Brooksong smiled warmly at Serpentfang "Well if you don't mind, I will hang around over her out of the dancing for a bit. Today was more exhausting than expected and full of more than a few surprises" as her experiences of the lost cubs, tuskpig ambush and her healing of Silence came to her thoughts from the day. her expression was focused for a moment and then lost at the scent of the food being cooked.

She sighed and relished the taste of the fish she was eating and smelling the tantalizing scent that cooked over the flames. "Oh I can't wait until they finish cooking it smells sooo good! Are you going to have any when it is ready?"
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:18 am

Swirling followed Ridge, holding his hand, to the shore. She waded in the water, and watched the tide wash over her feet , when she stayed too long at same place, her feet would sink a little in the sand.

The moon and the stars were clear, there were no clouds in the sky. She looked at Ridge, the light of the stars made him mysterious, his smile warmed her heart. A gentle wind played with her hair and dress but she didn't notice it. ** It's a beautiful night, the stars shine bright,...**and you're here with me, she added for herself.
She looked at the sky and searched for her favorite star. ** Look, you see that bright star just above the second moon? It never fades and never changes places. It's my favorite, it's my guide, when I feel lonely she comforts me. ** She put her head on his shoulder,** Do you like the stars?**
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:55 am

Snaketwist took care to memorize what Silence told him about the herb called moonflower. "Thank you, I'd appreciate that." He replied when the hunter offered to get him some.

"Well... first of all, there are not just one kind of daggertooth. Some are small, some are large. Some hunt together, some hunt alone. But always, when one bites a creature in the water, blood gets mixed with the water, and wether there were one or many daggerteeth to beging with, sooner or later, more will come."

He paused, thought about how to word it, then continued: "In the water, my people are a bit like the daggerteeth. Instead of smelling things, we taste them in the water. We are not as good as it as they, but usually, we can taste blood if it's close enough. Sometimes we see them too." He explained.

The tusk pig meat on the fire smelled good. Snaketwist licked his lips before continuing:

"It takes many of us to defeat a daggerteeth the size of the one we caught today. That is why Tern and I refused to leave Serpent Fang to fight it alone. As to the weak spots, the gills and eyes are the most vulnerable, and with a long weapon, such as a spear, gutting it open in the stomach is also a good option."

--

Swithcing partners, Stormcloud heard some of the conversation between Tern and Kaimeta. In particular, she heard the word Recognition. "I am quite a good dancer, actually", she told Straystar with a grin, and showed him this was true with her fluid movements. Then she continued in locked sending: **What is happening with Tern and Kaimeta? Is it... Recognition?** Her gray eyes were even wider than usual in surprise. How could she have missed it? Then again, she had never witnessed the moment of Recognition before, so she would not have know what to look for.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Serpent Fang looked at the cooking meat Brooksong had referenced. His stomach twisted with hunger, but he forcefully ignored it. It did smell enticing. Serpent Fang was not the kind of elf to live richly with dreamberries or dreamberry wine, he found that extravagance made elves weak and he wouldn't allow himself to be weak. However, as an elf of the SeaFolk, Serpent Fang was choosy about what he ate. He knew how to live hard and survive on mere scraps, but he was picky, even for a sea-elf.

**Perhaps,** He answered Brooksong. He had no desire to learn about the WolfFolk, but she made him curious. When he looked at her, it was hard to place her exact age. It was a sort of timeless beauty that usually only sea-elves possessed.

**How old are you?** He sent abruptly.

--

Ridge looked out across the dark water and up at the bright moons and stars. He loved the night. He was fond of the day, but the night resonated with his wolf-blood far more.

He looked away from where the sea and sky met and graced Swirling with a warm smile. She was beautiful beneath the radiant stars and the twin moons. It was almost as though she were a spirit whom had chosen to grace him with her presence.

Ridge followed Swirling's gaze, finding her nightly guide. From beneath the trees, the stars weren't the easiest to see, but they were beautiful. He put his arm around Swirling's waist and drew her close.

**I love the stars, but I look to the moons for guidance,** Ridge lock-sent to Swirling. **The moons mean a great deal to my tribe and to me. The moons are the heavenly bodies that guide our footsteps. As you SeaFolk live by the sun and ocean, we live by the moons and the forest.**

Ridge felt a pang of emotion as he mentioned the differences between the two tribes. How different they were and yet how similar. He held Swirling close, looking at where the sea and sky met. They mingled at the horizon, where the ocean waited to embrace both sun and moons. He wondered if the two tribes would ever be able to join in such a way...If he and Swirling would be able to join in such a way.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:34 am

Straystar expression grew a bit more solemn at her mention of Recognition **Yes,** He locksent to her as the danced. ** It is not favored by both parties as of yet it seems, they need to work out some sticker burrs of the past out of their pelt. We can only support them both as they will let us, but it really comes to the two of them and them only.**

Brooksong blushed a little at Serpentfang's question, "Still a cub by our measure, I'm 16 seasons." she smiled softly. "Though I want to be seen as a capable huntress in my own right, it is hard when you are still seen as a child that needs protecting." She looked thoughtful remembering the events of earlier wondering what would have happened had he not been there and the relief in her fathers eyes that everyone was okay.

"I want to be strong so others don't get hurt and to be able to help them if they do. I want... I need to be able to protect my tribemates." She spoke with a calm and steady but fierce passion that one would not think would come from her as she glanced over towards Serpentfang and blushed again. "I guess that is why I am still a cub, Big dreams Huh?" Her eyes fell on Straystar dancing with Stormcloud and she thought to herself 'and a chief's tail one day.'
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Silence made a mental note to himself, a new spear for Brooksong and moonflowerleaves  for Snaketwist. Fascinated he listened to Snaketwist's explanation and absorbed all this new info.
He knew that a freshly killed prey could attract other predators, though the  joined number of the pack and armed elves had always kept the concurrence at bay.

His eyes widened a little, the parallel between their taste and his smell surprised him. He had never give it a thought before, he wondered if taste and smell referred to the same things. ** Blood has a copper smell to us, has it the same taste for you?** ,he openly sent.

He continued in closed sending ** I'm glad that no other Daggertooth joined the party and that you returned safely, I don't want to lose my friends. ** His sending was affectionately mixed with relief.
Another question popped up in his head. ** The wolves help us to hunt, we work together as a team. Do you have friends among the other sea animals, who can help you  defeat such dangerous prey? **

A delicate perfume of spicy herbs wrinkled in his nose. Carefully he took the tusk pig out of the fire and opened the package. It smelled delicious. Silence cut a slice and controlled if the meat was properly cooked,...... it was perfect. He put the slice on his knife and presented it to Snaketwist. He sent openly ** Do you want to try it? It's one of my favorite dishes.**
_________

** Sun and moon make a good team, and sometimes during the early hours you can see them all three in the sky.** Swirling snuggled herself in his embrace, she put her hand on his chest and traced his muscles. She felt safe in his strong arms, Swirling stayed quite for awhile, savoring the moment.

She stared at the sea, knowing that Ridge was from the forest, she ventured: "Do you think I could learn some of your ways?" Thinking of the forest made her a little nervous. As a child, she had wandered of different times, following a butterfly or looking for beautiful flowers. The panic in her parents reactions had made her fear the woods.

Swirling hesitated before she asked her next question, " Do you think it's safe for me, to go in the forest? She looked up at his face, and noticed some scratches, " Oh, you've been hurt " Her hand left his chest and traced the scratches, "Doesn't it sting ?
"
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Serpent Fang looked at Brooksong with interest. Her passion was admirable, especially for one so young.

**No,** Serpent Fang sent. He was surprisingly calm as he turned to look at her fully. **It's not unreasonable at all. Young you may be, but that does not mean there's any reason that you shouldn't be able to protect your tribe. By our standards, you are still a guppy, but I was little more than half your age when I joined the hunt.**

He looked up at the twin moons and was drawn back to a time long before his chieftess had even been born. He remembered vividly his first hunt. He'd been told he was too young, but he accompanied them all the same. He'd been young and rash at the time. He'd learn calmness and steadiness later, but in the beginning he was a headstrong youth determined to find his place in the tribe.

**I don't want you thinking, though, that you can take on the world yourself. Not yet, but one day. I would deny the right to protect the tribe to any elf, but it must be taken in stride. The world is a dangerous place, but it's all we have.** Serpent Fang stopped short. He snorted, annoyed with himself. **Forgive an old elf's ramblings. It must bore you terribly.**

--

Ridge was silent as he held Swirling. He ran his fingers through her hair while she traced the muscles of his chest. She was right about how at certain times the sun and moons shared the sky, but they were infrequent.

"Of course you could learn our ways, if that's what you wanted," Ridge said. He looked into Swirling's eyes. She was so gentle, so innocent and the forest was dangerous, but so was the ocean.

"I can't guarantee that the forest would be safe, but if someone went with you..." Ridge trailed off. He was unsure how to word what he wanted to say. The forest was dangerous, but there was nowhere else he'd want to live.

He'd completely forgotten about the scratches until Swirling touched them. He leaned gently into her touch, his eyes half closing. "Only a little," he told her. The stinging faded quickly because he was used to it. "I was careless when I was looking for the cubs, but it's nothing to worry about." He smiled reassuringly at Swirling.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Brooksong's smiled brightened to her eyes catching the firelight as she looked at Serpentfang meeting his eyes if she caught them. **Thank you, your words are no more rambling than mine and mean much to me to hear thought we only met today.** she locksent to him her emotion in the sending was of gratefulness, respect  and that of the loyalty of a new found friend. She smelt the sharp scent of the tuskpig being opened from it's wrapping. "Well I am starving and it seems ready, I will grab you something to if you'd like? Tuskpig or Daggertooth?" she smirked eyes bright again. "Today has made me famished and fully bellies are better than empty ones." She spun around once happily in place to the music as she waited for his responds.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Stormcloud was silent for a while, just dancing, with a thoughtful look on her face. She remembered what Kaimeta had asked her about love. Finally she replied: **I hope they find a way to make it work. Kaimeta is...** she sought for words, **...unlike any other.** She remembered how she had found the High One at her hut a few days ago. As long as she could remember, Kaimeta had dwelled there, away from both tribes, isolated, alone, drinking to pass the time. What sorrows of the past had made her so? And what further sorrows would future bring? Some part of her was glad of her wolf-blood. She did not wish to live forever, not if it was painful like that.

--

**Yes, copper is part of the taste.** Snaketwist replied to Silence. He was surprised but pleased to be called a friend. The next question made him think a moment. Finally he replied: **There is nothing like the wolf-pack for my tribe - at least, not for all of us. In the past, there have been some among us who have had the magic of animal bonding. Those have been able to make friends with any creature smart enough to understand the concept of friendship. Dolphins, usually. Seabirds, sometimes. But it is a rare magic among us.**

He took the offered piece of meat and chewed it thoughtfully. **It is very good. The taste of the meat is stronger than any I've eaten, but in a good way.** He said appreciatively.

Then he continued in locked sending: **Now I in turn have a question for you. Is it true, that as some say, your people have the blood of wolves in your veins?**
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next