High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 22 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Shinebright Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Oakroot sighted.....

It didn't go as planned...
Judging Kaimeta's and Term's look they didn't understand what he wanted to tell them. Tern needed to be patient, win the heart of Kaimeta! And Kaimeta knew already she had to heal her heart, maybe she was already halfway, but her pain was still great. He never wanted to tell her to go ahead with Recognition, if any he understood the heart can't be forced!

He filled a bowl and walked away from the celebration. He had been looking forward to this festival, but now he wanted to think. Maybe he had lost his edge, his skill to tell a good story. It was a good thing Crowspirit was eager to learn from him how to howl...
No! It was a good howl, maybe not the one they wanted to hear, but a good one. Maybe it had been too soon. After all it just happend, it was still fresh.

He emptied his bowl and started on his jug full of dreamberrywine. Did Ridge understand what he had wanted to say? Not every body was the same, not every body looked at the world the same as the Wolffolk did....

Looking at his friends in the sky, his memory went back to a long forgotten place. A place he hadn't thought of in a long, long time! "My starfriends, you have been my companions at my many travels. It looks like you are mine again this night!"
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 22 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Silence Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:40 pm

After he finished his meal, Silence saw Oakroot, Ridge and Stormcloud joining the other dancers, even Ash had arrived. The chance of being called to the dance floor had suddenly increased. Nervously he glanced around and saw Shadow waiting at the edge of the forest.

Relieved, he excused himself by Snaketwist and Tidemist. Silence locksent to Snaketwist ** Sorry, but I'm not good at dancing, and I'm sure that my newly arrived tribemates will try to convince me otherwise, maybe you could invite Tidemist to a dance?** His sending was a mix of nervosity, regret and encouragement. He greeted both and grabbed two portions of daggertooth. He would take one to Crowspirit, he was sure she never had tasted it before.

Staying as far away as possible from the dance floor, he sneaked out and joined Shadow. **You always come when I need you, your timing is perfect as always**, he greeted his wolf with a big hug. Shadow licked Silence's face, and sniffed the little packages. "Hey, this one is for Crowspirit!" He gently pushed Shadow's muzzle aside. "I don't know if you'll like it, it's called Daggertooth and it's a huge fish."
Silence opened one of the packages, he cut the piece in half and held one of the halves in front of Shadow. Shadow sniffed and took it gently out of Silence's hand, he swallowed it with one bite. Silence chuckled, "you're supposed to chew it." Happily he sat down and ate his half, observing the others on the dance floor from afar.

He liked the taste of the well prepared daggertooth, it was a delicacy indeed. He wondered if Crowspirit would try it. Shadow laid down with his head in Silence's lap. Silence caressed him behind his ears. He sat for a while when he noticed that Oakroot took the center," It's story time, what do you say, shall we go find Crowspirit and tell her our own story's? Shadow grunted. "Okay, then let's go," Silence climbed on Shadow, after a last look they disappeared both.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:00 am

Kai gave her full attention to the child, smiling, nodding laughing, and gasping in all the right places as he told his story. When he finished, Kai smiled gently. "What a wonderful tale!" She clapped for the young teller. She smiled as he light up like stars in the dark night sky. 

Things were winding down and she wondered when it would be ok for her to leave. She was tried and she wanted time away from eyes that seemed to pity her. She wanted time to herself to think and she had a hunt to ready herself for in the morning too. She sighed, what she wanted to do was talk to Tern, but she knew when to leave well enough alone. She had done enough damage for one night. 

"I do believe I might return home soon." She said to no one in particular. Kai wasn't sure if she could sneak off tonight like she had in years before.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Straystar nodded "It is still pretty early but I guess you did make plans tomorrow. Who did you decide on to go with you?" he asked only remembering she had asked about borrowing a tribemate not that she had really needed to he smiled at the thought.

Lancestrike got up from Kai's lap glowing with happiness that she had enjoyed his story. " I am going to go tell the other cubs and we can have our own howl. Maybe one of the sea cubs will have a good one to tell, you two wanna come?" He he asked Twig and Leaf slowly walking off if they wanted to follow looking for any others that were awake still.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:56 pm

"Can we go with Lancestrike, Ridge? Can we, please?" Leaf asked, jumping to her feet and turning to look imploringly at her older brother. She clasped her small hands, her blue eyes wide. "Please!"

"Can we?" Twig asked quietly. His own green eyes were bright with interest at the prospect of the cubs having their own howl.

Ridge laughed quietly at the cubs excitement. Leaf's eagerness to be off and have even small adventures such as having a cubs' howl amused Ridge; Leaf was a great deal like their mother in that fact. However, it was Twig's intensity that never ceased to amaze him.

"Alright, just don't go too far," Ridge told the cubs. With a yelp of excitement Leaf took off after Lancestrike. Twig clamber to his feet. He hesitated only for an instant before following his twin at a slower pace. The cubs were so different for siblings, but already Ridge could see some of what they would be as adults.

Leafdapple... Redfawn... Ridge frowned as he looked after the cubs. Leaf and Twig were getting to the point where their cub names would no longer suit them. Leaf would one day be a fierce huntress, it was clear as day to Ridge, but Twig wasn't as clear as his sister. He was more intense than her, quieter too. I think I've figured out their names, Ridge thought to himself. I have to remember to tell Straystar what I think their names should be. Not yet, though.

Ridge's fingers twitched in sudden desire to reach for Tern's hand. Instead, he folded his hands in his lap, watching the cubs go dashing off. He wondered what their futures would hold. Lancestrike would never be chief, but Leaf certainly followed his like was. For that matter, what did his own future hold? Ridge shook his head and sighed audibly. He'd told himself he wouldn't think about this again tonight. But it was so hard not to.

He needed advice and the High One would be leaving soon. He didn't look at her, but he lock-sent to her. His sending was hesitant, almost distracted, **High One, may I ask you a question before you go?**
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:37 pm

**Thanks,** Tern returned the lock-sending with a soft smile, **I am just hoping I will have as much luck as Moondancer did with Baylon.**

He turned his attention away from Ridge and smiled at the two guppies. “Hello, Leaf. Hello, Twig,” he said to both of them, but paid more focus to Leaf once her brother looked away, “Are you enjoying the festival? Is this your first time?” he asked, a friendly tone. Tern had always liked guppies, most likely due to the hope for his own.

He tried ignoring the increased discomfort he felt due to sitting so close to Kaimeta, but, despite his best efforts, he was still hopelessly aware of her every word, breath, and movement. Luckily, Tern was able to conceal this, and was successful at not once looking her way. He didn’t even look at her when she announced she would leave soon. Well, he didn’t look long. It was only for a second really, so Tern decided that it didn’t count.

He almost spoke up, almost suggested he keep her company on her walk back, but he didn’t. Thinking back to the story, he knew that Kaimeta would have to come around at her own time. **Thank you for the tale, Oakroot,** he lock-sent warmly, seeking to distract himself from the High One.

This acceptance that recognition could take time allowed for Tern to calm himself a little and focus more on the world around him. Kaimeta was leaving soon, he could do nothing about it, so he might as well try and enjoy the rest of the night with his friends. He looked over to Ridge at the sound of the guppies scampering away. “So,” he began with a sideways grin, leaning more weight on one hand so that he was closer to the elf, “I guess we’re alone now. I saw you dancing earlier and I’ll admit you did well, but if the music begins to play again I think that we will have to dance so that I can properly assess your progress.” He raised a brow playfully.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:54 pm

"I'd love to," Ridge found himself saying, a warm smile spreading across his face. He unintentionally leaned closer to Tern.

What am I doing?! Ridge mentally shook himself. Tern had Recognized the High One; he was beyond Ridge. Besides, there was no way he could like Ridge. With all that Tern had said, calling him handsome that morning, it meant nothing!

Ridge leaned back on his hands, deliberately looking up at the stars glittering overhead. He remembered what Swirling had said about her favorite star, calling it her guide. He wondered if Tern had anything like that.

Ridge left his heart flutter in his chest at his proximity to Tern, but tried to ignore it. Just like with Swirling, nothing would ever come of this. Ridge was sure of it. He glanced back at Tern, a weight forming in his chest.

Why was he so grieved at the thought? They had just met; why was he acting like a love sick cub? It was beyond logic or reason. Ridge couldn't let Tern know what he was thinking.

"What do you think of the forest?" Ridge found himself asking. He mentally shook himself again. What did he expect, Tern to be terrified of the forest like Swirling? Ridge was very, very fond of Swirling, but there was something different about Tern.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:44 am

At Ridge's sending Kai wondered what could be bothering the cub minder. ** Of course** She lock sent to the younger elf. She wonder what kind of advice he would be seeking. "I asked Stormcloud to help me." She grinned at Starystar. 

She noticed the change in Tern though. She saw how he was trying not to notice her. It brought a play of a smile to her lips. Maybe the story was a good one after all. If it helped him see she needed more than an night. Or maybe she was the one the needed to learn something new. The thought almost made her laugh. 

She watched at Lancestike and the other cub ran off to be with the other younglings. There was part of Kai that couldn't wait to be a mother again, something inside her that thought she was done bearing children of her own. She loved the cubs and guppies of her friends yes, but she still in a way longed for a child of her own. 

She sighed and waited for the questions to come from Ridge, as she debated when to leave.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:02 am

**Can an elf of the WolfFolk ever be the mate of an elf of the SeaFolk without either having to abandon their tribe?** Ridge lock-sent to Kaimeta. There was something forlorn, or even perhaps sad, in his sending. He hesitated a moment before continuing. He had to find the right way to phrase his question. **We live so differently, how can we,** Swirling and I, Ridge thought to himself, **ever be mates? We WolfFolk have no gills and she fears the forest. What can I do?**

Ridge found himself torn again, the grief welling up despite the fact that it was truly trivial considering that he had known her for the span of a few short hours. He also couldn't stop his gaze from drifting to Tern. Did the High One know the effect her Recognized had on the young wol-elf? Ridge doubted it.

Ridge looked back at the horizon where the sea and sky became one. Maybe it would just be better if he settled down with another WolfFolk. The problem was that no one made his heart soar the way the SeaFolk had. He daren't ever consider the possibility of leaving his tribe for them, though. He had his to his tribe, but also to his brother and sister. They needed him.

**Forgive my dour thoughts, High One,** Ridge lock-sent apologetically. If only you could know how torn it makes me feel.

Ridge was almost willing to get up and leave the festival, but he knew he couldn't. He smiled at Tern, a smile that was both wistful and sad, but also warm, full of affection. How had he become like this? He supposed he would never know.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:30 am

"Wonderful," Tern replied, "Do you think if we start dancing, the music will follow?" he asked, beginning to stand. At Ridge's next question, though, he stopped and made himself comfortable once more.

"The forest, hm?" he echoed and began to answer the question with complete honesty, "I have only been there a few times before. It is different, but not awful. I will admit it is intriguing with all its dangers and mysteries," his eyes lit up with mischief then and he paused a moment, considering something, "I still much prefer the open beach, though. I am not sure I could ever live in the forest permanently, even with all those mysteries and dangers seducing me."

"Why?" he asked, cocking head, "Are you wanting to take me on an adventure?" His face split into a playful grin, unable to keep it off for long.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:46 am

Ridge nodded slowly at what Tern said. So, he wasn't afraid of the forest, not really, but he wouldn't want to live there. Part of Ridge ached at the answer, but he wasn't surprised.

Why had he asked it? Ridge couldn't help but feel his face flush despite the fact that it had been a perfectly innocent question. He recovered himself quickly, though, smiling and attempting to tease in return. However, it didn't come out right.

"Maybe I'll show you the secrets of the forest, on day," Ridge said, only half teasing. He allowed his smile to fall and looked back at the forest, his home. "I was just curious."

Ridge fidgeted, thinking about both Swirling and Tern. One feared the forest and the other was "seduced" by it, but would never want to live there. However, in retrospect, Ridge wasn't sure he'd want to live in the ocean.

"There are things I'd like you to see, honestly. My wolf Pathfinder, our hunting grounds... my den," Ridge found himself blushing unintentionally. His den was nothing special, shared with the two cubs, but it suddenly seemed very intimate. He shook his head, standing up. He extended his hand to Tern.

"Forget it, let's just dance," Ridge said with a smile.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:00 am

Kai smiled to herself. 

Lock sending back to the young elf she started to try and mend and give hope. ** Ridge, love in any form will adapt and find a way. If you love with all your heart, then it will come to pass. Love takes time to truly grow, if one of the wolf-folk and one of the sea-folk were to truly fall in love, I believe I might find myself with neighbors.** Her sending came with a picture of huts lined up on the beach, children of both tribes running around. **But above all never doubt in love.** She sighed and with out meaning to an image brief as it could be flash in the sending. Her Zareht with his long gold blonde hair and brilliant green eyes. He stood tall and strong, but the image changed aging to Tern over shadowing her first life mate in many ways. 

**I had to learn the hard way Ridge. It's not easy, Love takes many forms. Go after it with all you can if you feel it's your true love. Never fear what may come because even I if hurt in the name of love couldnt be mad.** She smiled as he walked off with Tern. 

There would be a different path if events hadn't come between them. It hurt her to know that she was albeit unwillingly the cause of the divergence in their path. She saw it in the way the Wolfelf looked at the Seaelf. She was far old enough to know those signs, and she would allow matters of the heart to work their course. She would wait and so would the child when it's conception came, for whatever came of this festival's events. 

"Staystar dare we try dancing again?" She asked looking over at her friend/ "It might prove to be fun after all, wasn't it you who said it was early?"
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Tidemist had continued eating the food she had gathered from the tables and fire, the spice of the tusk pig helping to warm her a little from the cool night, and the larger fire was helping. She shrugged off Snaketwist's oddness and paused, turning her head when she heard Oakroot beginning to tell his story. Her eyes widened a little at the subject of it, glancing around for Tern and Kaimeta. She bit her bottom lip, but was soon absorbed into it. Her eyes gained a vaguely dreamy look at the romance of it all, and it remained even as the wolfen elf finished. She had a slightly musing look as she turned towards the fire, not noticing that Silence had left, that it was only her and Snaketwist left. After a few heartbeats, she spoke aloud, though a little quietly.

“What do you think recognition is like...?”
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Wondering if some one would join him he saw cubs gather near the group. Smilling he thought that there would be much howling this night.

**And thank you for listening, Tern. It is not my place to tell you, but give it time and all will fall into place!** he locksend back.
Again he smilled.
Oakroot's belly started to rumble again. "Hungry are you, eh? Well, let's see if those Sea-folk can cook!" He stood up and returned to the table. He felt like celebrating again, only too bad Crowspirit wasn't here, she would have loved the story.
Maybe next time....

Passing the gathered cubs and guppies he heard a great huntingstory, much better ofcourse then a lovestory!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Tern fought back the suggestive comment that was begging to be released, sufficing for his trademark grin instead. "I'd like that," he said, with as little suggestion as he could manage. Ridge had spoken in innocence, and Tern did not want to embarrass him for it.

He took the extended hand. "Look who is turning out to be quite the gentleelf," he teased as he rose to his feet.

"I saw you and Swirling dancing earlier?" Tern stated, a question hidden behind his words. Had it been only a friendly exchange, or was there something more? Tern loved Swirling like family and he liked the idea of her finding love. She certainly deserved it. And what better lovemate than the sweet, handsome wolf-elf Tern had only just met.

In his future, he could see himself growing close to Ridge, and few things made him happier than the thought of two of his friends finding love in deserving arms.

**I hope so,** came the soft, wistful reply as Tern allowed for one last thought of Kaimeta. For now, he would forget about her and focus on playing matchmaker for his two friends, one old and one new.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Ridge took Tern's hand, leading him to where he had danced earlier with Swirling. He caught Tern's grin and allowed himself to smile in return. he was such a fumbling cub!

Ridge was determined to lead this dance as he had with Swirling. He was very, very fond of the she-elf, but his heart felt bitterly torn. He was so foolish! He had just met both of them and already his heart was breaking.

"Yes, we danced," Ridge said, a slight smile playing across his lips, but there was something else behind it. He wished she hadn't run at Ash's arrival, but he couldn't blame here. He would come to the beach the following morning and wait for her.

Ridge wished that he could untangle his feelings. He knew it wasn't right to like two different elves at the same time and only have just met both of them. Were these conflicted feelings what Recognition felt like?

Ridge caught the question lingering beneath Tern's statement and felt the same unease bubbling up that he had felt all evening. How could wolf-elves and sea-elves be mates, be one? He found himself lost in thought, his grip on Tern's hand tightening. He also found himself fearing the Now: he was bound to forget and for the first time he feared forgetting. Could the SeaFolk understand what the wolf-blood meant? He doubted it.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Disappointment flashed across Tern's face at the vague answer. He searched the younger elf's eyes for more. He noticed the distance in them, something Tern was all too familiar with. As a dreamer, he easily became lost in thought. Ridge's thoughts did not seem particularly pleasant, however; he seemed troubled.

When the wolf-elf's grip tightened, Tern's brow furrowed in concern. "Are you alright?" he asked tentatively, giving Ridge's shoulder a reassuring squeeze where his hand rested.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:02 pm

"I'm fine," Ridge said. He glanced away from Tern, suddenly aware of their proximity. He hesitated, torn between telling Tern what was wrong and just letting it go. Finally, he said, "Our tribes are so different and yet our father's fathers are the same. We live different, my tribe by day and yours by night; we live in the forest and the Now, we forget, but your people don't. How could there ever be a future for elves of different tribes? I'm the cub-minder, I have a duty both to my tribe and to my brother and sister, I could never leave them. But I could also never, never ask Swirling to leave your tribe. I want to explore the possibility of a future with her, but I don't know how."

Ridge realized that he'd suddenly spilled everything he'd been trying to keep at bay the entire evening, since his dance with Swirling. There was more, though; things that he couldn't tell Tern. Ridge also felt his eyes burn. Tears. No! He couldn't allow himself to shed them! The festival was supposed to be a happy time, not one of being torn, confused, and self-pitying.

Ridge couldn't stop himself from looking into Tern's eyes, though. It was like someone had taken a white-hot knife to his chest and stabbed his heart. This was foolish, stupid! He shook his head and tried to smile, but tears were burning in his eyes and blurring his vision. He dropped his head, pushing it again Tern's shoulder. He hoped against hope that his friend wouldn't push him away. He was lost, confused, and sick of not knowing what was going to happen. But most of all he was sick with fear of forgetting. He didn't want the Now of the wolf, but he would never think of giving up his wolf blood.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Straystar looked over to Kaimeta with a big smile settling down his empty mug and stood up holding out a hand for her. "Well you don't think I could let you leave without dancing with me first now could I? So shall I lead or would you like too? I can never remember the steps but I'm pretty good at making them up as I go." He winked at her.

Brooksong looked over to Ash. "Well now that the story is done shall we continue your lesson?"
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:42 am

Kai smiled at her old friend. "I say we wing it and see where it leads." She said taking his hand. Standing, she felt more of her age than she had in a long time. It was most probably her heart, aching for the past and the present, neither she could truly have tonight. 

She wondered if she'd answered Ridge's questions, but she didnt want to pry. So she walked with her friend to the dancing area. "This time lets not switch partners." She said remembering last time and the mess she'd made.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:47 am

"Hey," Tern cooed in a soft whisper, "If you are meant to be with her, you will find away to make it work." Tern let his hand rest on Ridge's cheek, his thumb catching the tears on the one side of his face.

"Have you forgotten Oakroot's tale? As long as there is a connection, nothing can get in the way of a future. Love is not halted by differences, perhaps complicated, but never halted. In fact, the more trials you must face with an elf, the stronger a love becomes, if it is true of course. Look at the moon and the ocean. They are from completely different worlds, forever apart, yet they still find ways to be together. The moon is able to coax the rise and fall of the tides, and they meet each night when the moon's reflection touches the surface of the sea," Tern had thought about love often, and had found it in many things. He would often marvel at the connections things in this world had, such as the moon and the sea. He might have looked over the negative pieces in the romances of the world, and maybe did not yet understand the refusal of a love he thought was certain, but the strength of love was something he had always been aware of.

Tern rested his head against Ridge's as the elf move closer to him. Instinctively, he ran gentle fingers through his hair. "I know how you feel," he whispered, "It seems that we are both after maidens living in different worlds." For the first time, he wondered what would happen if he and Kaimeta ever became lifemates. Would he give up his own life with the SeaFolk for the seclusion of her hut?

Surprisingly, he found their shared grief comforting and felt oddly grateful that he was not in it alone. As they danced, he asked himself if he ever really had been.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:37 pm

Ridge listened to Tern's words and wondered not for the first time what the future would hold. He felt a kinship to Tern in their shared grief, but still he felt a barrier that he doubted the sea-elf felt.

As the danced, Ridge felt Tern's gentle fingers run through his hair and he hated himself again for being torn between Tern, whom would never have feelings for him, and Swirling, whom he knew trusted him but feared the forest and the night, two things that flowed through his very blood.

Ridge's first duty was to his tribe and the cubs. Leaf and Twig needed him, as long as they were cubs he would stay with his tribe. It would be best to put his feelings for Tern aside and ignore them. He wasn't even lovemates with Swirling yet and he felt like he was betraying her. Did all elves feel this way, or was he just a fish out of water?

Drive to be close to Tern was painful, especially dancing so close to his, touching him, and having his tears wiped away by him. Of course, there was no way Tern could know the pain he inflicted upon the wolf-elf. Ridge felt a kinship to the older elf, but still he felt so incredibly alone. How was it possible to be surrounded by others but feel separated?

"It's more than just the future, Tern," Ridge said in a low voice, regaining himself enough to speak. "My very blood is tainted. We WolfFolk will age, forget, and eventually die. We don't have the gift of long memory."

We're little more than the beasts we ride. That's something you could never understand, Ridge thought bitterly to himself.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm

Tern shrugged, seemingly unfazed by the statement. "So," he said as they continued to dance, "Are you willing to give her up because you are mortal and she is not? Perhaps there will always be that division, and it might be painful, but would it not be worth it? There is always risk. Either of you could die at any time, regardless of aging. With that logic, you might as well stay alone forever. If you were to mate with a wolf-elf, such as yourself, you might age together, but there would still be a risk of death. And would you not still be just as susceptible to forgetting?"

He smiled sadly as he finished. His young friend had so much on his mind, complicating things and making himself miserable. If only he realized how simple it could really be.

"How can you forget if Swirling is a constant in your life? Maybe you will not see each other every day, but would you ever stay apart for long enough to forget? The trick to not forgetting is to always have a reminder. Always think of that reminder, and you can never forget. Maybe, over time, a voice or an exact appearance will fade, but you will remember how you felt. Isn't that what matters? You are doomed from the start when you tell yourself you will forget. If you have the will to remember, it will make it all the easier."

Tern wondered what it was like to be a wolf-elf. What it felt like to slowly decay, to have time as your enemy, or for time to have any heavy significance at all. He did not, however, wonder what it was like to fear forgetting.

"SeaFolk forget to, you know," he said softly, after a long pause, "With the length of our lives, we cannot remember it all. The more we age, the farther we get from our earliest memories. The more steps we take, the more memories we make; and our minds can only file away so much. How much of her childhood do you think Kaimeta can remember, and how clear do you think those memories are? Everything grows dimmer eventually, that is why you have to hold onto the things that are worth remembering. And the tighter you hold, the brighter they will stay."
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Oakroot looked around. Most of both the tribes were still at the festival. It was good to see them together. He felt like an old wolf thinking like that. But he had have his share of fights to want harmony the remainder of his time.... how ever long that would be! He shook his head. He had to get rid of those thoughts!

He saw Ridge dancing with Tern. Both looked more calm now, not so troubled any more. Good! He thought of Ridge's problems. He needed to take things slow with maidens of the Seafolk, but something else was troubling him too... and he had some idea what that would be.
**Ridge, tomorrow or any other day before the Moons are full again, we should hunt together! Maybe we can take Twig and Leaf too, teach them how to set traps. Then we have time to talk, it has been too long since we had a good talk!** he locksend to him.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Ridge held onto Tern like he was an anchor as they danced. His thoughts whirled at what his friend had to say. Tern was right on all fronts. Ridge wasn't surprised, in fact, he was relieved. Finally, someone had something to say that made sense and didn't turn him away from the idea of being lovemates with a sea-elf.

"Hold on to what's worth remembering," Ridge said quietly, more to himself than to Tern. He bowed his head, his eyebrows knit together as he thought. If he lived to be as old as Oakroot or died the next day, he could hold tightly onto the memories, he could preserve them. He still had many memories from his cubhood, even if they weren't crystal clear anymore.

He raised his head to look into Tern's eyes with determination. He wouldn't allow himself to forget. The Now may have sway over him and things would fade with time, but he could keep certain things close and alive in his heart and mind.

"I won't give up on Swirling just because we're from different tribes. Thank you, Tern," He spoke softly, but there was definite conviction beneath his words. He smiled softly, more warmly than he'd been able to since Swirling had fled from the beach. He would come to the beach in the morning and wait to see if she would come. Besides, he could always ask Tern if he could help him get word to her.

Ridge was mildly surprised at Oakroot's sending. He "listened" to what his elder had to "say," and bowed his head slightly at acknowledgement, even if his elder couldn't see the gesture. **I'd love to, uncle,** he lock-sent back. **Perhaps tomorrow night...? I'll be waiting here during the day for Swirling. But, I definitely think the cubs are old enough to learn to set traps. It has been too long since we talked properly.**
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next