High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 17 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by WolfCandy Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:05 am

Tern followed, placing his own bundle down as well. He nodded a greeting to Pearlsheen, a more relaxed smile on his face, the presence of a friend having calmed him slightly.
**I understand that she has had to see many from both tribes live and die, but if she is refusing this because she is worried the same will happen to myself and the guppie, the only thing she will accomplish is her own misery.** He grumbled, **I don't want to be just another cub, I want to be her lifemate.**

**She may fight it for as long as she can,** he began again, **But she can't fight forever.** An uneasy feeling weaseled its way into Tern's stomach, **What would happen if she did?** He asked, not even a sliver of a joking tone.

"I have never been very eager to eat daggertooth," Tern said honestly, after Straystar spoke, "But tonight I think I will have a healthy portion. I did help kill it after all." He made a show of polishing his pec, but it did not carry with it his usual joking enthusiasm; he was far too distracted and out of sorts.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 17 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Leanan Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Something about Kaimeta's cheer seemed a bit off to Stormcloud. It was as if the red-haired elder was forcing herself to be cheerful. Stormcloud decided not to ask about it, she was sure Kaimeta would talk if she wanted to.

Smiling brightly, Stormcloud entwined her fingers with Kaimeta's and began the graceful movements of the dance, mirroring her partner, sometimes slow, sometimes faster. It was festival day and she was having a great time. Part of her joy was simply the joy of being alive. She felt like this after every dangerous hunt, after every risky escape from death. Life was precious, especially to one who had come close to losing hers.

--

Snaketwist blushed a little. "Well... I only had my knife, seeing as we were looking for the pips rather than hunting... so I could not cause as much damage as I wanted to. But I am sure we all did our best in a terrible situation, else we would not be here. And for that last bit Tidemist and Kaimeta should be thanked also. Without our chieftess' speed of flight and the High One's healing magic, we might be mourning Serpent Fang now, instead of celebrating."

He smiled at Silence's suggestion. **Very well. You try the daggertooth meat and I will try the tusk pig!** He agreed. **And we will share stories also."
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Kai smiled inwardly at Serpent's sending. She knew he had allowed her a rare moment of a softer him. ** Serpent, the last thing I want to do is hurt him.** She lock sent back. There was a heart ache tinting her next sending. ** But I fear I will.** She hated it but she would and she already had. It ate at her but she couldn't be as happy about this as Tern. ** To know that you would protect them is enough for me. You are by far one of the strongest elves I have ever known.** Her sending was tinted with a gentle smile. **Now go eat!** she sent with a laugh.

With a smile Kai ran her hands over herself, making her normally tall body shorter to better dance with the others. She found over the years this was easier than remaining her usual height, and it allowed her partners to better enjoy the dance.

Kai took Stormcloud's hand and stated moving her body in time to the music. She allowed herself to be lost in the tune. Tonight had held so many surprises. She wanted more than anything to maybe start the day over but really in the end she was ok with were she was now.

She moves like waves on the sand or wind through the leaves, there seemed to be on rhyme or reason to her movements and Stormcloud followed along beautifully. Kai allowed herself to become lost in the dance. She always loved to dance it was a moment when she could be free from things and just move in ways that felt right. She closed her eyes and let herself be lost in the dancers and the music.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Silence was impressed and he couldn't hide it, his locked sending was shocked ** You attacked that monster with only a knife as a weapon? **
The image of Stormcloud initiating the fight with the tusk pig using her knife, flashed through his mind. With that image still in his thoughts he shook his head and locksent to Snaketwist ** You are as crazy as Stormcloud in a very brave way.** There was no hint of malice or spot in his sending only worry and awe for their courage.

** That must have been a hard choice to join the fight, uncertain of the outcome and no real weapon to defend yourself....... I'm glad you made it back. High One ! if you can fight a Daggertooth with a knife, you can fight everything!** Silence smiled and his sending was full of relief and awe.

Silence wasn't surprised that it was Serpent Fang who got the worst of it, he had heard of his fierce protective side, he would give his life for his tribe. Silence didn't know him but he had a lot of respect for Serpent Fang.
So it was Tidemist who brought him ashore, he thought, he respected the chief even more.

He put his hand on Snaketwist shoulder "Come with me, I'll prepare a Tusk Pig-Special for you, you can talk while I cook.
_____

When Ridge took both her hands, Swirling looked up, right in his worried gentle eyes. She smiled apologetically and locksent, **I......., I'm okay, I just wondered,...how it would be to have cubs of my own......, sometimes it's hard to continue to believe that someday my soulmate will find me. **

Swirling looked at the cubs and sighed, she continued her locked sending **With the cubs missing and  Kaimeta's recognition, I think it got to me**

She looked down at their hands and firmed her grip slightly, not wanting him to let go. **I'm sorry, I'm happy that we met,.... I like to spend more time with you and here I'm, already spoiling it all with my brooding thoughts.** She didn't dare to look up again.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 pm

"You did?! Well I'm hurt, you going fishing without me!" he smirked making a face of mock indigence gently elbowing the taller elf. Both knew Straystar would not set any farther into the water than his knees after that one event so long ago.
Lock sending **Besides you need to understand Recognition is not an instant and easy lifemating when it comes to two elves that aren't even lovers.** he unconsciously wiggled his nose in thought watching Windgrace whose group had returned recently, **even when you are lovers it's is complicated sometimes.**
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:37 am

Tern laughed, "I was tired of you showing me up with your catches and decided it was time for me to outshine you," he joked back, winking. He relaxed a little more, the friendly banter helping to distract him from the current dilemma. He elbowed the chief back, making sure he nudged just a tad harder.

Tern grunted, **It shouldn't have to be complicated, though,** he argued, the childlike and innocent ideals of life still strongly crystallized in his mind.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Serpent Fang rose reluctantly at the High One's bidding. He paced slowly over to the food tables, realizing just how exhausted and hungry he really was. Daggertooth, like scallops, was one of his favorites, though hard to acquire.

**High One, Kaimeta, take your time and go slowly,** he lock-sent her as he walked. **Tern will come around eventually. Still I urge you not to outright refuse.**

Serpent Fang was touched by the fact that Kaimeta called him one of the strongest elves she'd ever know, but something inside him writhed unpleasantly at the thought. What elf could be strong if they were so empty as he? What elf could be strong if they lacked something vital that all the others had?

--

**Swirling, there's all the time in the world for you to find your soulmate or to have cubs,** Ridge lock-sent. It felt odd, he was less than a third Swirling's age and still very young by elven standards, but he'd taken the role of raising cubs upon himself.

Privately, he thought that at least she had an eternity. The WolfFolk were bound to the beast and were mortal, they had a definitive end. The SeaFolk had no such thing. There was also the now of the wolf that lived in the WolfFolk.

Ridge felt her tighten her grip on his hands and he smiled gently at her. Lock-sending, he told her, **I'm very glad we met. What happened today is enough to get to any elf. Let's put aside dour thoughts for now and enjoy the festival.**
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:08 pm

The music picked up some speed as those dancing got used to their movements. Stormcloud lost her thoughts in this joyful 'now' of music and movement and sweetness. It was good to be here, to be part of this gathering... if only her grandmother could see her now! Dancing with a High One! Perhaps the spirit of Stormwind was around somewhere, silently observing? Stormcloud was not sure if she would be proud or embarrassed for her lack of 'respect' as she saw it.

But the ocean wind and the sound of the music blew those worries away. This was now, and she had found a new friend in Kaimeta, or so she felt. Her smile at the healer was bright and cheerful, as she saw that her companion also enjoyed the dance full-heartedly.

--

Snaketwist grew even more embarrassed. He wasn't used to being subjected to such attention. He lock-sent back to Silence: **It was a choice of attacking the beast or swimming away. If I had swum away, I would have lived the rest of my life in shame of such cowardice. That is not how my parents raised me, and doing so would have shamed their spirits also. I may not be the bravest of elves - but when need is great, one does what must.**

**Stormcloud? That would be the short lass who is dancing with the High One, right?** He looked in her direction. He did not know many WolfFolk by names, but she stood out, mainly by her small size.

Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Silence followed Snaketwist gaze, and saw Stormcloud dancing with Kaimeta, who was....a lot smaller. He still found it weird that she could do that, it was a nice trick though.

**Yes, that's her,** He answered, looking back at Snaketwist, he chuckled and locksent ** but never call her "short lass" when she can hear it, she is very precise in her aim.  She threw her knives right in the tusk pigs eyes** Silence was trying to lighten the mood a little. ** If you want I can introduce you to her, some other time** he offered.

He saw more elves join the dance, and he became a little nervous, which reflected in his sending,
**Well euh I think, it's time for me to start cooking** He glanced uneasily at the dancing couples.

------------

Swirling regained herself and with a smile she looked up at him.
** You're completely right! and you promised me a dance!**

Carefully she got up, she didn't want to wake up the sleeping cubs and pips. She let go one hand, holding on to the other, she swirled around, her dress floating around her.** I'm totally ready, let's go to the dance.**

All worries were gone. She listened for the music, wiggled a little on the rhythm. Swirling smiled at Ridge waiting for him to guide her to the dancing.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Ridge stood up, holding onto Swirling's hand. He took bowed and said, "It will be my honor to dance with you."

Ridge felt the music flow over and around him. He smiled at Swirling, drawing her away from where the cubs slept. He felt anticipation in his gut at the thought of dancing with her made his heart leap into his throat.

"Ready?" he asked. He couldn't help but smile at her and admire how beautiful she was.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:55 am

Tidemist watched the interaction between Tern and Kaimeta anxiously. She bit her bottom lip, but eventually the High One stalked away, and Tern wandered on his own. She sighed and reached up, running a hand through her hair. “Kaimeta recognizing...never thought I'd live to see it happen. I wasn't even sure she could recognize anymore...” She thought to herself. She looked over the renewed festival and smiled a bit at the elves dancing, now that night had fallen and the sand was pleasantly warm instead of burning hot. Many had gathered to help butcher the daggertooth, while some WolfFolk had gathered to ogle the odd creature.

She turned her head, looking up at the stars night, trying to glimpse some of the star forms as she sighed again. Now she could see Kaimeta dancing with Stormcloud, and decided that probably for now, that would help her friend more than her going over and hovering over her. She wandered slowly to the food table, deciding something to fill and warm her stomach would help her feel better, and help replenish the energy she had used to glide so much. She saw Serpent Fang by the tables as well and nodded to him, beginning to gather food for herself as she sent to him gently. *Feeling better, elder?*
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:30 am

Kai enjoyed her dance with Stormcloud. She was glad the younger elf had made her keep her promise after the events at the shore line she needed something to lift her spirits. The shorter High One would still find a time to sneak away, maybe she would even lift her own voice in song, something from her past, when things were bright.

Kai's mind drifted to other things. Things she would have to do in the following days. She needed more food, so a trip to the forest was in order, plus she needed to restock her herbs for healing purposes. She wondered if Brooksong would be willing to come with he, Kai could use the company. She needed to clean out the sand trap inside her front door and in general tidy her hut some. Clothes needed washed and mats needed aired out. Sure she could ask the tribes to do all this and so much more for her but she enjoyed the work, it gave her a feeling of selfsuccificentacy that she would' have other wise.

Her body still moving in time to the tune. she decided to inquire if Brooksong would like to join her tomorrow in the woods to gather herbs after her hunt in the morning.
**Brooksong.** Kai's lock sending was light like her feet on the sand. **I am in need of herbs for healing. Would you like to accompany me in gathering some tomorrow in the later morning?** Thinking about her non-ablity to clean and skin she sent to the she-elf's sire.

**Straystar, would it be a trouble if I requested one of your tribesmen to clean and skin a kill tomorrow, if I find myself in luck that is.** She always ruined something when she tried to skin and clean her own kills. so she found it easier to ask one of the Wolf tribe to do it for her. Always before hand. The chief might remember from his cub days of how horrid the High One was at cleaning her kills.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Standing off to the side where she had finished singing. Brooksong watched the dancers spin and seemingly fly across the sand, the firelight casting playful shadows and orange red light over everyone within its’ reach.
‘I so glad things when well today all things considered’ she thought to herself.
The Highones sending brought her out of her mesmerized state ** Of course I would love too** she lock sent in return.

Straystar chuckled aloud at Tern insistence of why this should be simple. **I agree with you but when you mix fire and water you get steam, I don’t think it is that complicated with you and Kaimeta though.** he paused in thought **think of it this way, a shell on the beach being washed over by the water will eventually be drawn into the sea no matter how it clings to the sand. The water is recognition and where you are waiting for her, the shell Kaimeta and the sand is the things she can’t let go of.**

Straystar felt Kaimeta’s sending, lock sending back **I don’t see why not, ask who you will but you are dancing with one of my best skinners right now. However, no more playing with tuskpigs, I want a nice relaxing time on the riverside tomorrow after all the excitement from today!** his sending carried his normal joking tone to it. **Also don’t go sneaking off until we have had some of this Dreamberry wine I brought with me. You would not want me to drink is all my self now would you?**
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:10 pm

Tern closed his eyes, considering Straystar's words. "Hmmm," he murmured thoughtfully. **I have never objected to a little steam in a relationship,** he lock-sent jokingly, placing special emphasis on 'steam.'

He glanced out to the ocean, thinking over the wolf chief's metaphor, then let his eyes travel to the dancing High One. **What could she possibly need to let go of?** he wondered aloud in ock-sending, **I cannot remember a time where I have ever done something to make her so reluctant. And it couldn't be my past reputation, I have long since abandoned those old habits. She should know my devotion is to her alone.** He allowed Straystar to be a part of his thoughts as he sifted through the possibilities. **Maybe an old lovemate...** While he did not exactly like the idea of her being with another, he accepted it. He had had many lovemates in the past, and could not hold it against her if she had as well, especially considering her age.

And then, it hit him. Kaimeta was not pining over a former lovemate. She had been recognized. It wasn't often talked about, and he didn't know the details, but he remembered that she had once had a lifemate, and a guppie as well. Kaimeta's soul didn't belong to him, it belonged somewhere else entirely. They weren't meant to be lifemates; this whole thing was just a cruel fluke of nature, most likely brought on by an instinctive need to replace the pips that had been lost. Of course, the pips were not lost, but by the time they had discovered that, their bodies had already prepared for the natural reproductive device that followed.

**And you forget, friend,** he lock-sent softly, any bit of confidence in the recognition lost, **The sea is the birth place of a shell, and Kaimeta was never mine to begin with.**
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:15 pm

When Ridge bowed to her Swirling chuckled like a little girl who was asked to dance for the first time. Gracefully she answered with a reverence and followed him. She smiled back at him.

When he asked her if she was ready, she couldn't do more than nod yes, completely lost in his beautiful and gentle eyes. She put her free arm around his shoulder, holding him a little  closer than the standard distance and followed his lead.

She liked it, the way he let her turn pirouettes, making her dresses swirl and taking her gently back in his arms afterwards. The world around her had disappeared there was only Ridge and the music.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Straystar felt the sadness in his friends sending, lock sending back **Well my understanding of shells is some have two sides to make a whole?  So with the sand and tides shaping them they could fit well with more than one other shell half. You two are meant to be together but it is up to the two of you to decide how long. Don’t go getting all sullen on me or I will make you dance with Windgrace. She steps on your toes intentionally for making her dance at festivals** he winked at Tern.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Kai grinned at Straystar's sending. ** I should be joining you, soon.** there was a smile in her sending too. She was at lest for the moment happy. Spinning around the fire with Stormcloud, "Stormcloud," She started. "If luck is on my side tomorrow around mid mooring I should be arriving in your holt with a kill. Would you be so kind as to do me the favor of skinning it? You see am no good with a knife in that fashion." She smiled. "I offer what I can in trade." After all the High One would never ask for something without offering something in return.

Sending to Brooksong again the high one's mood was lifting and evident in her sending. **I have a few elders to see to in your holt, would you mind accompanying me on the rounds before we go gathering?** She wanted the child to see healing first hand. She was so very young and if she started now she had the possibility to be a great healer. Kai wanted to guide her.

In her dance her eyes landing on Tern. What was he thinking? How badly had she hurt him in just refusing to be near him? She didn't know what to say to him. She had lived thousands of years but she had no idea what to say to the young elf. Her last recognition was well before she came here, and she's been here for 2,000 years. It would be safe to say that it had been over 5,000 years since she last had a lover of any kind.  Yes, part of her heart would always belong to Zareth. but he was taken from her so very long ago.

She stopped in her dancing. She took Stormcloud's hand." Tell me child." The High One started. "Do you think one can love more than one person in a lifetime?" She asked, wondering if the innocence of the young was what she needed. Maybe she needed to try and see this from a younger elf's point of view. She was old the oldest and maybe she was stained and tainted, but perhaps she could be saved.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:50 am

Snaketwist studied Stormcloud for a moment. She was pretty enough, he thought, but there was only one female he could ever love, so he was only interested in her as a skilled fellow hunter. **Sure, that'd be nice**, he replied politely. **But first you can show me how you cook the tusk pig meat. I've mostly cooked fish and seafood, seeing how my people don't hunt in the forest.**

--

Stormcloud smiled at her new friend. "Of course I'll help you", she promised. She had never seen the High One hunt, but it seemed Kaimeta must be good at it, to plan the skinning before the hunt even started. For a WolfFolk living in the Now, that seemed a bit strange, but then again, the High One WAS strange, everyone said so.

At the High One's next question, Stormcloud laughed aloud. "Most certainly one can, and I'm the proof of it! You see, my mother had so many lovemates, we're still not sure which one sired me. She has always been generous with her love. And from what I've seen, she's not the only one. You talk of a lifetime... a lifetime is a long time, even for my people. Many have had more than one lifemate. I know lifemates means it's for life, but, well, lives thus joined do not always end together... and my people's nature is to live in the Now and let go of the past."

Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Tern kept his eyes on Kaimeta and the wolf-elf as they spun amid the others. Sometimes he would lose sight of her, but he would quickly find her again. The High One looked different in her shorter form, but she was still beautiful.

He made special note of the smile on her face and longed to be the reason her often dull eyes were lit like the fire she danced around. And then, those eyes were on him. Tern met her gaze for only a moment, before he flit his eyes away and down to the sand.

He let out a breath of air at Straystar's sending, almost a chuckle but not quite. Maybe the chief was right, but it would still never be the same as having her completely.

Tern glanced up from the sand to look at Straystar, attempting a smile but not succeeding enough for it to reach his eyes. **I would not hope to put Windgrace in such a position, but perhaps her lifemate would be a more willing partner?** He bowed slightly, holding out a hand to his friend. He lifted his just enough to flash the wolf-elf a grin, and this time, his eyes smiled too.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:52 pm

"Ahhhhh" Straystar said with a wide grin "If a dance is what it take to get your eyes bright again, a dance it is!" he said reaching down to grasp Terns hand and haul him up out of the sand. "Hmmm so you leading or am I? I've never really been much good at the dizzy twirly steps as that grumpy bug calls it." He laughed boisterously, "and it seems my daughter raises her voice for another song as well, not a talent she got from me for sure." He winked and swung the taller elf around, stepped back and curtsied, his blue eyes catching the firelight full of mirth.

Brooksong was in and out of her thoughts enjoying watching the dancing. It suddenly came to her mind she had not sung a song of her Tribe yet. She thought through the one she had created but settled on one that was a song she had been taught that her grandmother Silverbirch had made, as she began to sing.

Ayyoooh the night is gently fall--ing ,
the pack gathers round to the hunters quite call—ing.
Away like shadows they slip into the darkness.
Quite as the wings of the great night hunter.
The scent is found away we go, to the chase!

The hunt is on, the now is here, we live the thrill.
Our bonds and hearts are race—ing.
Teeth and spear flashing in the moonlight!

the pack gathers round to the hunters quite call—ing
The prey comes down a clean and quick kill.
The feast begins, shared by all.
Brothers and sisters in blood and bond..

the pack gathers round to the hunters quite call—ing
The moonlight dims and the night grows lighter.
Weary and full the hunters return.
To den and tribe there gathered.

Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:24 pm

"Between the two of us, I do still bear the feminine beauty," Tern said cheekily, running the backs of his fingers along his smooth jaw line and winking, "But I shall lead as I have a better acquaintance with the 'dizzy twirly steps'." His grin widened, "I think that would be two for me then, friend?" His voice rung with more of a playful challenge than a question.

He bowed in ceremony before taking Straystar up and joining the throng of twirling bodies. "Definitely not," Tern agreed as he listened to the clear chime of Brooksong's voice. He glanced in her direction before speaking again, "In fact, are you quite sure she's your daughter? She certainly didn't get her beauty from you either." He turned back to the chief, blue eyes glinting.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Ridge smiled warmly at Swirling. He loved the sound of Brooksong singing and was quickly caught up in the dance. He was well aware of how close Swirling was to him as she draped her arm around his shoulders. He allowed her to pin away from him, but always drew her back, catching her in his arms.

He couldn't stop himself from smiling. At the moment, he had eyes for no one but her. The music, the movements of the dance, Swirl's eyes, and the way her hair and dress swirled around her made Ridge's heart leap. It was sweeter than dream berries and more vivid than the now of the wolf had ever been.

Part of Ridge knew that being caught up in the dance was part of the now, but it was so much more! He smiled at the sight of Swirling and laughed with the joy of the moment.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Kai caught the smaller elf in a hug. **You have not idea what you done for me this night but I thank you.** she lock sent to her dance partner. "I look forward to tomorrow." She said with a smile., releasing the Stormcloud. She was starting to feel like herself again.

The sight of Straystar and Tern dancing set the High One giggling. It wasn't often that one saw two males dancing together. It was a kindness, Kai guessed on the Wolf Chief's part. Kai had a feeling the two of them had been talking so to speak. It was likely she figured that Tern would talk with someone about her reaction. However Kai thought he would as Tidemist, whom she knew better than most of the others about her. Still it wasn't a hidden secret, Kai had children she'd said so on occasion. But still she didn't want to hurt the child, the was so sweet and innocent, to shatter his views on recognition, just seemed evil.

Brooksong's songs were wonderful. Each unique and flowing like water over rocks. "Come my friend, let us dance again." She suggested to Stormcloud. The High One's mood seemed to have greatly improved.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:23 pm

Straystar laughed at his friends jest "Oh come now, my ruggedly good looks are quite appealing. The face fur just adds to my charm!" he smirked "As for her not being mine, well she seems to favor her great grand dam Silverbirch some, so see good looks do run in my family." he spun with Tern's lead as they wove in out out of the elves. He noticed Ridge and Swirling dancing. "I'd say everyone is mingling quite well this year and with our two trouble makers already taken care from earlier in the day, this may prove to be one of the most cheery festivals yet."
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Silence was glad that the subject was cooking again, he guided Snaketwist to one of the cooking fires. He stayed away of the dancing couples, he hummed quietly together with Brooksong, this song was one of his favorites. She had a beautiful voice. He cut a piece of the tusk pig and gathered some herbs and leaves.

** Look,** He sent openly to Snaketwist ** If you take the piece like this and you make a little incision there, it's easier for the herbs to give their flavour.** He made a little cut and ripped it a little.
He continued his sending** now this herb is very spicy, you need only one little leave of it and it taste better when you mix it with this one**

Silence took 4 twigs of another herb and showed them to Snaketwist. ** first you need to cut and mix the herbs ** With the velocity of a professional cook, he cut all the herbs in tiny little pieces

** Then you put the herbs in the incision and you put some on top of the meat, you envelope them with those special leaves and tie it with some ropes to a wooden stick. You hang it above the fire and you wait a little while, when the herbs release their perfume, it will be nearly done.**

He invited Snaketwist to sit with him by the fire. ** We have some time, can you tell me a little bit more about this Daggertooth?**

------------------

Ridge's smile was contagious, Swirling laughed, she was happy. The beautiful voice of the singer give her goosebumps.** That is a beautiful song, ** She sent openly to Ridge.

He was really handsome, she blushed when a few naughty thoughts came to her mind. She hoped that the next song would be a slow, so she could bury herself in his embrace. ** You're a good dancer** She locksent, her hand ruffled gentle through his hair before she did another spin.

When he caught her again, she was with her back against him and his strong arms were around her. Swirling lifted her head a little and stared up in his expressive eyes, oh she wished she could stay like this forever. She put her arms around his and held them tighter. She could hardly believe that she just met him today, Swirling locksent **you make me happy**
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next