High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 8 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Apogee Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Sunsong's wide-eyed look turned more and more openly amused, as she glanced between Tern and Ridge, and then back to her cousin Brooksong.

"He sounds so fancy," the wolf-elf whispered, though it was hardly a whisper, "how can we resist?" But she also saw how very red Ridge was getting, and in a smooth curl she made room - enough to let Tern sit himself down.

Right between Ridge and herself, with Brooksong on the other side of their tribemate. She patted the sand, and practically heard Ridge's heart speed up. Even if Brooksong was unwilling to poke a little fun at their cublinghood friend, Sun certainly wasn't.
Apogee
Apogee

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 8 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by WolfCandy Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:25 am

“I pity that life, chieftan,” Tern said before walking away, “I don’t think I could look bored if my life depended on it.”

The sea-elf noticed the similarities between Brooksong and the wolf chief he had been speaking with, briefly curious if the two were related.

“Fancy?” Tern said, over hearing, “Hardly. I’m only trying to impress such a handsome looking trio. Thanks.” He said sitting down between Sunsong and Ridge. Leaning back on his hands, one arm was slightly behind each of them. “So, what was your topic of discussion before I so rudely interrupted.” He glanced between the three, ignoring Ridge’s blush to spare him more embarrassment.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:20 pm

"You'll see", Snaketwist replied to Tern, "we are sure to win the tug-of-war at least", he said defiantly. Watching the contestants had made him decide that he wanted to be part in some of that too, so he'd join the tug-of-war team. "What about you, cousin? Are you competing in anything this year?" But Tern had already become distracted again, going back to the wolf-elves.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:22 am

Ridge was painfully aware of Tern's arm that was right behind him. He ducked his head and bit his tongue, trying to fight down the blush and a smile that threatened. He needed to think about something other than Tern. He stared at his hands folded neatly in his laps. Hands were curious, he thought. He'd seen the hands of many sea-elves, webbed and long-fingered, very different from his own hands. His hands were calloused from working with leathers. They weren't soft, but they were gentle. He shook his head. He'd seen Tern's hands, danced with Tern and felt the strength in them.

Ridge let out a frustrated grown and put his face in his hands. He tried to ignore the fact that Tern was sitting next to him. He also tried to ignore Sunsong's teasing comment. He wasn't going to let her teasing get to him. It was all in good fun, but he felt so out of sorts! It wasn't like him!
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:25 am

Tidemist smiled as she watched the elves line up and take their turns. It had seemed like Stormcloud would be the one to win, until the last elf was able to get their knife closer to the center than hers. She clapped anyway, and presented the small cache of prizes to the elf. She glanced at Stormcloud, sending privately to her. *Second place isn't too bad! Throwing knives seems so difficult.*

“Alright! Everyone in the two tribes who want to compete in the tug of rope, get into your groups! We're going to count to make sure there are even numbers!” she called out so everyone could hear, then turned to Straystar with a smile. “I would hope that as chief, you'd participate to try and help your tribe win!”
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Straystar grinned mischievously "Of course! Can't have us Chiefs sitting on our bums the whole festival while everyone else has fun!" he clapped his hands and jumped up from the chair.  "Alright Everyone!! Who is with me?" Spoke loudly his voice carrying over the beach while he walked over and picked up the rope near the middle so he would be the elf closest to the center in case any fights broke out after.

Brooksong jumped up at the sound of the tug-of-war event "Come on guys! This will be fun!!" She jogged towards her father standing at the rope and got behind a few other wolffolk that had gathered already.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:03 am

Having not been far off, Tern turned at Snaketwist's words. Taking the few short steps back, he wore an apologetic look. "I might do the spear throw," he replied, "And I will definitely do the tug-of-war. Will you be competing as well?"

Tern quickly followed Brooksong, dragging Sunsong and Ridge behind him. He gave a few playful insults against their strength compared to that of the SeaFolk, and left them to stand with his own tribe.

He scanned the group for any of his closer friends. He tried to spot his cousin's pearls or Coral's wild hair. If he couldn't find either, Tern decided he would see if Serpent Fang was in the crowd and in need of some teasing.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 am

Stormcloud threw her knives well - but not quite well enough to win the contest. "Puckernuts", she swore under her breath, when the last contestant bested her. But the feeling of disappointment passed. She'd done her best, and there was always next year. **It is not difficult**, she replied to Tidemist, **at least, not more difficult than anything else that takes time to learn**.

She would not take part in the tug-of-war; because of her small size, she was not as strong as most of her tribemates. But she would certainly cheer for the WolfFolk!

--

"Yes, I think I will, in the tug-of-war." Snaketwist replied. He went over to join the tribemates that were competing in this contest.

Snaketwist stood still, waiting for the teams to be completed. When Tern joined them, he spoke again: "Have you been practicing your spear skills, cousin?"

The festival had been going well, he thought, apart from that one little argument between the tribes. Perhaps their peoples were finally learning to be at peace with each other? He was sure that a common celebration helped them get to know each other, slowly, bit by bit each year.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Ridge found himself being hauled to his feet and dragged over to the tug-of-war site. He growled playfully at Tern's insults, but didn't get a chance to retaliate before Tern had disappeared among the other SeaFolk. Ridge would partake if only for something to do.

Ridge took up his position, glad to have some distance from Tern if only to slow his racing heart. It was as though cold water had washed over him and he became much more alert, less focused on the sea-elf and more on his surroundings. He also felt staggeringly calmer.

With a calming breath, Ridge looked straight ahead, putting Tern out of his mind (or at least trying to).

--

Serpent Fang stood stoically where he had a clear view of the competition. He drew back his lips in disgust at the very though of such a silly thing as tug-of-war. It was a game for pips and nothing more. There was no way he was going participate. He crossed his arms, glowering at the elves practically leaping to join the "fun".
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Brooksong turned as Ridge walk up head in the clouds to the point he did not seem to notice her. "Hey no slacking off on the pulling Ridge," she poke him gently in the ribs with her elbow to get his attention since he was right behind her, "you'll want your head, hands and heart in this one! Neither side wants to lose." She smiled up at him since she was not quite his height.

Straystar looked across at Tidemist holding on to her part of the rope. "How about the High One starts off this one so we jump the creek at the same time?"  he spoke with a chuckle.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:24 am

"Of course," Tern replied easily, "Whenever I can. I've got to keep my skills sharp to impress the future lifemate. How about you? Have you been building your strength?"

Tern looked over the elves participating. There weren't many. The wolf-elves looked strong, and much thicker skinned than his own tribemates. He wondered if the sea-elves could beat them. But it really didn't matter, it would be fun either way.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am

Ridge scowled good-naturedly at Brooksong. "You don't have to worry about me, Brooksong," he told her. "We're going to win this."

Ridge was confident in his tribe's ability to win the tug-o-war. The WolfFolk were built to be strong from their life of hunting and fighting in the forest. The weak wouldn't survive. This meant that the WolfFolk had the advantage.

Ridge threw Brooksong a quizzical look, "What do you mean by my head, hands, and heart?"
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Snaketwist chuckled a little. That was typical Tern, always talking about his 'future lifemate'. As far as Snaketwist knew, there was no one particular he meant with that. "Well, I've done what I always do to stay in shape: hunt and work hard."

He got in line right behind Tidemist, and this was no accident. It was quite usual for Snaketwist to try and be near the object of his dreams. He reminded himself to concentrate on the contest only. Distractions could lead to failure. But he could not help but note that the flowers the chieftess was wearing gave her a sweet, lovely scent... or perhaps that was just her.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:04 pm

She looked confused for a second. "I don't know, it just seemed to fit so I sorta spoke with thinking. I guess keeping our thoughts on our goals, giving it our very best with our hearts and holding on to what we seek." She giggled shaking her head at herself. " I guess I am still just a silly cub, Father always comes up with better less complicated moral builders."  

Her expression got mock serious "I think I am the smallest one partaking in this, lets see if my practice with Moonhowl pays off."

She noticed Serpentfang over on the side and and smiled at him. She wanted to wave at him but was not sure he would appreciate having the attention drawn to him. She hope he was enjoying the festival.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:47 pm

At the call to tug of war Kai woke with a start. She hadn't meant to but she had fallen asleep some where after calling the games to order. "Oh well." she shrugged, as she stood up, stretching the sleep from her long body.

With a smile she headed to the middle of the rope the tribes would be using to play this game. "If everyone is in position and ready," The High One paused, her hand poised over the middle of the rope, the small flag tied there held lightly in her hand. After all the elves wishing to take part had taken their places, Kai's smile got wider. "BEGIN!" She said and let the flag go, she stepped back to watch with excitement at the tribes pulled with all their might.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Ridge smiled warmly at Brooksong. "It's not that," he said. "It just seems like that comment was more directed at me than anything. Why?" Ridge had a feeling it had to do with his feels for Tern, but he wouldn't let it stop the WolfFolk from winning.

"You'll do fine," Ridge assured Brooksong, giving her a light shove. "You're not the one going soft from raising cubs." He grinned teasingly, his brown eyes warm.

However, he saw her throw a smile at the uptight and serious sea-elf who had tried to break up the fight earlier. "What was that about?" He asked, looking cautiously at the stern faced sea-elf.

At Kaimeta's call for the game to begin, Ridge clutched the rope and put his back into it, pulling as hard as he could backwards until his muscles were screaming and his chest heaved.

--

Serpent Fang met Brooksong's bright blue gaze. He inclined his head in the slightest, acknowledgement of her presence. He didn't care about the tug-of-war, but he didn't want the SeaFolk to lose either. His expression harden farther when the WolfFolk standing beside Brooksong engaged her in conversation and looked at him.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Brooksong dug her feet into the sand pulling harder then she felt she could have even when practicing with Moonhowl. She was not the competitive type but she was giving it her all like she hoped both tribes were. Her knuckles were white with how hard she grasped the rope and she was pretty sure her cheeks were flush with the effort.

Straystar leaned back clutching the rope firmly. He was pulling with his tribe but was also trying to act a a stabilizer and counter when one of his tribe mates lightened up to gain better footing or grip so they would not lose ground.  When they started to sneak forward he went more on the defensive and pulled with everything he had. Then when they gained ground he pulled and tried to maintain their position until everyone was pulling together again.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:36 am

Tidemist threw herself back, just like many of the other elves did. Her webbed hands grasped the rope tightly, despite the almost painful sensation of it digging into her skin. She also was at the front like her WolfFolk counterpart, and she grunted, grinning playfully and competitively as she sent to her tribe who was participating, *Come on everyone, pull! We'll win those metal weapons in the prize cache! PULL!*

She had to remind herself to breath, she was pulling so hard on the rope. Those WolfFolk might have built up their muscles through their tree climbing and hauling large prey, but the SeaFolk often swam through currents, which could build the arm muscles just as much! Her eyes connected a moment with Straystar's in a competitive manner.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:33 am

Tern clapped Snaketwist on the back, "And it's paid off. We are going to win this thing." The sea-elf took his place behind his cousin, chuckling inwardly at Snaketwist's choice in placement. It was clear the elf had eyes for their chieftess. Tern hoped that one day his cousin would no longer have to admire from afar.

Before the start, he got himself ready in a balanced stance, gripping the rope tightly. At Kai's call he began to pull, not focused on anything but giving it all his strength. The wolf-elves were strong, but he wasn't going to give up.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Snaketwist held the rope firmly and pulled with all his strength. His thoughts were on the rope, on this moment, on the importance of holding on and pulling the rope backwards. Tidemist could have turned into a codfish and he wouldn't have noticed, as he squeezed even his eyes tight as a reflex from pulling so hard. Sweat flowed down his face and he ignored it, trying his best to help his tribe win this contest. The brightmetal weapons were valuable because the SeaFolk had nothing like them. They rarely showed up for trade as the WolfFolk were recluctant to part with any.

--

"Go Straystar! Go Ridge! Go Brooksong!" Stormcloud yelled, as loud as she could, shouting support for her tribemates. It was a matter of pride, from her point of view. The SeaFolk were friendly and she had nothing against them, but these were her people, and to her, it was obvious they were the fiercest, strongest elves in the whole wide world. She kept on yelling her support, but took care not to shout anything too offensive. "Show them what you're made of!" was her strongest expression of her sentiments.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Ridge continued to pull on the rope with all of his strength. His muscles were screaming and sweat ran down his back, shining on his skin. He closed his eyes and focused all of his attention on dragging backwards. He felt his feet slip in the sand. His hands burned and his breath came in great gasps, but still he wouldn't allow himself to lose ground! He could hear shouting, but it seemed to come from far away. Whether it was friendly or not, he wasn't certain nor did he care.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Tidemist groaned, pulling as hard as she could still. She was seeing lights dancing in front of her eyes, and she couldn't feel her hands very well anymore. She could feel the rope beginning to slip through her fingers and she tried to grasp harder, but the motion made her hands spasm and she lost her grip entirely. She cried out as she fell back against Snaketwist's chest. She couldn't believe she let go! She glanced backwards to see if the others were still able to keep their hold on the rope, if they still had a chance of winning.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:48 am

Straystar felt the rope lessen on the Seafolks end and without missing a step let himself fall back into the elf behind him causing a wolf pile as if on accident. Sand going everywhere with a tumble tangled limbs.
He laughed whole heartedly "Ahhhh the only game where the winner ends up on their rump and and leathers full of sand!!" he rolled off the tribemate he has landed on and lay in the sand catching his breath with a grin on his face. Looking at Tidemist " Whew!!! That was tough, you might get us next year I think I need some food and a good nap after that."

Brooksong let out a eeep of surprise when suddenly the elf in front of her plowed back into her and cause her to fall into Ridge and they all tumbled into the sand. Brooksong got to her feet laughing at the awkward heap and put a hand out to help up Ridge giggling.
"I think we all need a good rinse in the ocean I think you got the brunt of it being in the back Ridge. You are covered in sand."
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:43 am

All of a sudden, Snaketwist was taken by surprise as Tidemist fell right on top of him. He tried holding onto the rope, but it was no use. As the chieftess had lost hold of the rope, their team had lost any chance of winning this contest. Snaketwist was pulled forwards by the combined forces of the other team. As soon as the contest was over, he let go of the rope and offered his hand to Tidemist, to help her up. "No luck for us today," he commented. He could feel his muscles complaining after the effort of pulling the rope.

--

"Wheee! Well done! Victory for the WolfFolk!" Stormcloud yelled gleefully, and then felt like howling out her joy: "Ooowwoooowooooooooo!" Her voice was like that of a wolf, and from the forest, she heard her wolf-friend Bigpaws howl in response, joined by some others from the pack. It was no surprise to her that they would have come closer to the beach. The wolves were rather protective of their elven companions.

She wondered if there would be more contests, or if it was time for the dancing now.

Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

"Ahhh!" Ridge let out a cry of surprise as Brooksong careened backwards into him. He fell heavily in the sand. He climbed to his feet, brushing some of the sand off.

Ridge grinned at hearing Stormcloud's shout and her howl. They had won! He threw his head back, joining his voice with hers, "Ooowooowooowooo!"

Ridge heard Bigpaws howl, many of the pack members also carrying it on as well. He also heard Pathfinder's howl. He relished the sound of the howls; the sound sinking into the very core of his being. The howl also stirred his blood, this is what it was to be a WolfFolk!
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next