High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 20 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Serpent Fang let out a long, slow breath, trying to keep himself calm at Tern's waspish comment. He watched the younger elf throw his boomerang with interest. His throat ached already from one single word, but he knew now was not the time to send.

"I will think you for saving me, but that's not why I'm here," he said, his voice surprisingly soft. It wasn't gentle, but it wasn't harsh. Serpent Fang paused, he had to say this carefully, but words were not his strong suit.

""I'm not here to belittle you...I'm here because you recognized," Serpent Fang stopped again, agonizing about what to say. There was no easy way to go about this. His speech was halting and broken, a voice not used in many, many years.

"Go carefully with the High One. She is...fragile." Again, Serpent Fang stopped, trying to put thought to words without sending. "There is a great deal you don't understand...She feels threatened by your...passion."

Serpent Fang looked at Tern, wary about being snapped at, but unwilling to give up. He didn't even know what had prompted him to approach the younger elf.

"The High One needs time...Give her that, if you can..." Serpent Fang stopped, his words making his throat feel raw. He was out of sorts, ever since the daggertooth attack that afternoon. There was no malice in his words, but there was something else, something beneath the raw voice.

--

Ridge was about to reply to Swirling when she leaped back with a cry and dove into the water. Confused, he looked over his shoulder. Had she seen something or had he done something. He stared after where she was disappeared into the black water.

**Swirling!** He lock-sent, hoping she was still within range.

Ridge turned to look at Oakroot, his chest ached with a sudden fierceness. Swirling had been there one moment and gone the next, but he had always know that the elves of sea and shore couldn't make it work.

"Forget it, Oakroot," Ridge said, his voice fainter than he'd hoped. He sniffed the air, catching the scent of what Oakroot had brought. He tried to sound interested as he engaged Oakroot in conversation. "There's still enjoyment to be had."

He couldn't believe how quickly Swirling had fled, but her parents had taught her to. He couldn't be overly surprised by it.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 20 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Shinebright Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:19 pm

"Well cub, if it is a maiden from the sea, I can't teach you how to deal with them. I do know this and this.." Oakroot held up his bag and jug, " are in desperate need to be enjoyed! Do you want to join us?"
He wished he knew what had happened, so he was of a better help. Seeing cubs like this....

"Oof" **Hey, what is that for?** he send to Stormcloud, when she pooked him in the side.
"I am sorry Ridge, maybe a good howl can help?! And since the moon is rising we can show the Seafolk how we Wolves celebrate?"
Nothing like a good howl to free the heart of any worries or pain.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Tern snorted at Serpent Fang's words. Fragile? She had gone way past fragile. She had allowed herself to completely shatter and was now letting her broken pieces cut whoever got too close.

"Time?" Tern bit, then checked his tone before he went on; this long time enemy was not being cruel, and Tern couldn't help but feel guilty for snapping. "Because recognition comes with the luxury of time," he finished blandly, but without malice.

Tern wondered what had brought the older elf to him. It was no secret that they did not share a liking for each other. It had to be for the High One. At least Serpent Fang pitied him enough to be nice, but Tern wasn't sure if he preferred the pity to rubbing it in. He wondered what would posses the elf to defend Kaimeta. Perhaps it was respect for the only known High One, or maybe he was just still out of it from the attack. He thought back to how Serpent Fang had actually told him his father would have been proud. Serpent Fang had definitely been out of it then, and not much time had past.

He through his weapon once more and another pillar fell, the others around it reducing another small fraction in size.

"With every moment, this uncomfortable feeling increases. How can she not need me as much as I need her? Doesn't she get there's no running away?" He hadn't meant to speak so freely, but his thoughts seemed to seek an escape. He silently cursed those thoughts. It wasn't like Serpent Fang could answer those questions, and it only showed more weakness to the last-second to last if he included Kaimeta-person he wanted to see him vulnerable.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Kai accepted the skin again. "I've said all I can think to say." She sighed and took a drink. "How else can I say that?" She said. "Or have I just been cut off from life too long?" She asked more the air than Straystar. "Well I know one thing." She said getting to her feet. "We need more wine or at least I do and since I don't foresee leaving now as an option though I would very much love to, the festival is the place to go." She wanted to forget and maybe in the morning she wouldn't have this aching need inside her. "Tis an impressive feat to keep such good wine squirreled away for so long." She winked at him. "I could not have done so well as you." She smiled.

"Think you can keep up with me this year old wolf?" She asked the chief. The High One started back to the festival, the opposite way from where she wanted to go right now. "I wonder if they have more wine." She mused.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Anger flashed through Serpent Fang as Tern snapped and he scowled, his upper lip drawing back to reveal his sharp teeth. He hissed the words out before he could stop them. Had he been sending, it would have been like he'd set Tern's mind on fire, "You speak of time as though you know something about it, but you know nothing of time and recognition! My mother resisted it for weeks because of your father and what happened to her: she died!"

Serpent Fang was panting with anger, his expression twisted into rage. Shakily, he took a breath, trying to calm his boiling anger. When he felt able to safely speak again, the words came out in his same low, rough voice, "Can't you see that she's afraid, Tern. She knows that she needs you, but you're forcing her. Go slowly Tern. You can fight pain, you're not weak if anything."

Serpent Fang halted to catch his breath, wheezing slightly. His throat ached, but still he knew this was better suited to words than sending. He wondered why he was even bothering and looked away from the younger elf. His thoughts flitted back to a long-ago lovemate whom had recognized and the pain that accompanied it.

--

Ridge tried pushing the thought of Swirling away and nodded. He was in desperate need of enjoying what needed to be enjoyed. He would come to the beach tomorrow and hope that Swirling was there. They would talk then; until that point, Ridge would get swept up in the now and enjoy the festival.

"Certainly, Oakroot," Ridge told his elder. He satisfied himself with the decision he'd come to looked back at the festival. The SeaFolk celebrated the festival so demurely, it was time to show them what it meant to be a wolf.

Ridge grinned at Oakroot. He was going to enjoy this.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:46 pm

"OYE! Who are you calling an old wolf!?" He stood up to follow feinting an overdramatic hurt expression, thus making him look rather comical. “ I happen to still be very spry" he replied raising an eyebrow, a smirk slipping into his expression "and the only reason I would not be able to keep up at a walk is those long legs of yours.”

Then looking as though a thought came to mind, “We could go ask Swiftwing what she has stashed for the festivals, or I could sniff ‘em out and swipe a couple like we did that one year.” His blue eyes glinted mischievously, “Oh Ho, she was sooo mad when she found them missing, I believe to this day, she thinks it was Creekstone that did it!” he chuckled walking next to her. “Ahhh good times and full bellies with friends” he smiled at her. “Let’s go not be the responsible ones everyone thinks we are for a night. What do you say?” The glint was back in his eyes again.

"Oh not to much since we found the cubs I guess, though I don't know where father went, and Serpentfang suddenly excused himself and walked off?." She paused looking around and shrugged, "I have not seen Unc... er...Tern or the Highone Kaimeta recently either. Other than that the dancing has been great the food just as good. I would say you arrived at a good time." She notice Stormcloud, Oakroot and Ridge, " seems our Howlkeeper and walking stock of Dreamberry wine has arrived too. Shall we go over to the food table are you hungry?"
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:59 am

Kai laughed at his expression. '"I'm calling you old." She said with a grin. "And if any elf here knows old I believe it would be me." She said, teasing the other elf. "I'll walk slower so you can keep up." She teased again. This felt right, normal like nothing had happened and it was just a false memory.

Kai's eyes sparkled. "Oh that was a great year." She laughed. "Yes I agree let us not be the leaders or responsible elves we should. Leave that for tomorrow when the sun rises." She grinned. "So let's see if we can indeed swipe some from our dear Swiftwing." She said passing the nearly empty skin back to Straystar.

"So which one will distract and who will swipe?" She asked. Mischief always made the High One feel better and mischief that ended with drinking made her feel even better, so this was just the thing she needed. Even at her age, she just wanted to have a little fun.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:50 am

Taking the flask back he thought for a moment, "Weeeellll considering I swiped last time... I will give the doeful Straystar expression to see if she will part with any though I doubt it since..." he mimicked a female-ish voice "it is only for the festival." Switching back to his own voice he continued "Then you can swipe a couple since that should be all we need for her brew with how strong it is to last us the night." he looked over to Kai for conformation. "Prove you can be as stealthy as me? Up for the challenge my friend?" He raised an eyebrow in challenge, "You don't need to be cut off already do you?" He goaded with a smirk raising the flask in cheers to the plan.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Hail Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 pm

‘I could eat.’ She has left the stag she hunted back at the Evertree. The stag isn’t enough to feed the whole tribe but at least it will be enough for a snack. ‘And drink.’ She would prefer something different than dreamberries though. She doesn’t like the lightheaded feeling that comes with them. She loves however the stories that spill out of their howl keeper once he’s started on them. Ash moves along the outskirts of the dance floor heading for the dinner table. The smells that drift from the table are mouthwatering and her stomach agrees nosily. Maybe she should have eaten something before she got here because she feels like she could eat a whole bear by herself. Not that she’d try though. She calls back to Brooksong ‘Do you want something?’
Hail
Hail

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Stormcloud returned her uncle's affectionate hug. "Something else?" She took a long sniff of the air. "Smells like... birds! I like birds." She said, grinning.

She was glad Ridge was joining them. But the sadness she seemed to sense in him made her wonder. She had not paid attention to him and Swirling - so much else had been happening, she hadn't noticed. "We'll have a proper WolfFolk celebration! Hey, Oakroot, have you heard? Ridge is the hero of the day. He found the lost cubs! That's worth a drink or two, I think!"

Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:24 pm

"My very own recipe! Slowly cooked in a firepit, stuffed with delicious herbs!" Oakroots' mouth started to water. He hoped the Seafolk would appreciate them.
"He did, did he?! Well, guess those leasons in tracking finally paid off!" He joked. "No seriously, I am glad the cubs are safe again! I hope the Seafolk will not back down again. Their fear of the world they do not understand..... it would be a shame if this was stirring things up again...!" He knew how it had been between the two tribes, the distrust from both sides. After all these turns there was a change they could be one tribe, with two different sides. Much like a pair of lovemates with different personalities. He knew the Seafolk would never go and live on the land as his people would never be sea-dwellers. Although he was curious how they could breath with those gills.

".. let's not think of that! It is time to enjoy and celebrate! And maybe, with the help of dreamberries..." he held the jug up again! "there is a story to be told! But first........ we dance!"
He pulled Stormcloud and Ridge to the area were they danced. Nothing better then a good swirl around to clear the head! He placed the birds and the dreamberrywine on the table and started dancing. He could dance and he knew he could get others to dance with him.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Brooksong followed after Ash, though she weaved in and out of the outskirts dance as she went. She caught site of her intended target. She swept in by Lancestrike dancing and quickly gave him a sisterly kiss on the cheek, ruffling his hair. Before he could retaliate at his older sister she was lost in the throng to him.

Giggling she popped out of the dancers next to Ash and the others at the food table "Oh I ate just before you arrived." she replied a smile still on her face from embarrassing her brother. Hearing Stormclouds comment, "you always could find us couldn't you Ridge?" she smirked "most of the time that is." Poking him in the ribs in jest and winking at him before he was drawn into the dance by Oakroot. He was very much like an older brother to her, like most of the cubs he watched she was sure. However, her desire to go exploring even at a young age was a challenge of skills to the most observant of tribe members. He found her the most though, so she would always wait and try to sneak off with out his knowing if only to prove she could.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Kai grinned. "I accept your challenge." She giggled. "If I need cut off you wont be the one to stop me." She knew every well that most didn't try to stop her anyway, but she knew when she needed to and usually stuck with that. "I shall do the swiping this year." She agreed.

"So when should we start our fun?" she asked the other elf.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Straystar swirled the minimal contents of the flask, holding it up, closed one eye and squinting down inside it as if he could see the bottom he shrugged downing the last bit. "No time like the present we wolffolk always say!" He winked at her. "We split up, like last time don't want to draw attention to ourselves and get her suspicious. Then you can sneak in  the tent she put up while I distract her." His cheeks were starting to get a slight rose tint to them making his eyes look even more blue.

He walked toward Swiftwing Let Kaimeta decide her course of action. Walking up to Swiftwing "AHHHH the elftess of magical skills for brewing!! How are you thins fine evening" he looked down at the shorter elf with a warm smile.

Swiftwing looked up at her name being mention "Ahh Wolf Chief, you seem well tonight" noting the tint of his cheeks. 'He always was a bit of a light weight' she though to herself and smiled. "How can I help you?"

"Well being it has been a while since I have been graced to drink that lovely fruit drink you make so well, I came by to see if there was anything you needed in trade for it from the forest or perhaps I could carve you something or ask Vineweaver to shape you some mugs or barrels?"

They continued their friendly banter back and forth as they worked out a list of things she needed.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Kai watched Straystar go. She smiled this was going to be fun. She shifted her size, she changed her hair color to a silverly white blonde and her eyes to the color of blue after the sun sets. She couldn't be the high one like this right? She smiled and made her way behind the tent. She waited till she heard Starystar start speaking to the breweress before she started her end of the this mission.

Kai floated now, so she made no noise. She managed to get into the tent and grabbed 2 barrels from the tent one of wine and the other of the juice drink she'd become found of recently.
She had little idea that Swiftwing wasn't aware of their antics, and the High One thought that she knew they did this every year but the elfess let them get away with it in the spirit of the festival and well it did make the High One happy, so maybe that was enough. ** I got them! meet you down the beach.** She lock sent to the wolf chief with an image of where she meant to meet.

With the barrels in hand, or under her arms she floated away down the beach to where they were going to meet. Returning to her normal height but leaving her hair and eyes the High One sat down and waited for Straystar.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:24 am

Straystar wrapped up up the his deal with Swiftwing "Sounds great! I will bring them to the land entrance to your cave in  say... four days? Between travel time and a little bit of Nap... er .. wiggle room on my part."  He winked. "See you then!" He walked through the the outskirts of the dancers by the food table and grab a bowl piling some snacks for himself and some favorites of Kai's. Then slipped into the shadows he was first know for by his tribemates so many season ago now it seemed and made his way to the meeting point via the forests edge.

He saw a silvery white blonde elftess a ways down the beach with two barrels and grinned. "Is the a private stargazing or can any old scraggly but charming wolf join in?" he sat down beside her holding up the bowl of food he had grabbed. With a lopsided grin "can't drink on empty stomachs now can we?"
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:16 am

Kai looked up. "Sit!" she said. "I've always loved your company." She grinned. "Oh and you brought snacks!" She clapped her hands. "Lucky then I remembered the mugs this year." The High One grinned. "After all the power I've used today I should probably eat more." Normally it was nothing for her to change her height, or hair or anything about herself with ease, but with the hearings she was called to do, she found herself lacking in energy, thus she had yet to change her hair and eye color back.

"Come friend let us drink to another peaceful beach side year." She smiled and poured the first of their many mugs of wine that night.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Stormcloud smiled as she danced again with her uncle and her friends. Her heart was beating in synch with the drums, and she felt as if the music flowed through her body. Tonight she would dance until her feet ached, and eat and drink the special delicacies of both tribes. Tonight was a festival day, free of worry. Tonight was a night to make special memories.

She had come to the celebration hoping to find someone to share furs with, but she was not dissappointed that such a match had not occurred. Such things, if they happened, came by themselves, by change, not by planning. There were a lot of other wonderful things to be done.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hail Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Ash gathered a mix of everything in sight before she turned back to Brooksong. Her grey eyes watched Brooksong as she teased Ridge. She settled herself down at the edge of the dance floor watching with a bit of envy as the others moved gracefully on the beat of the music. She loved making music, the beat of the drums could flow as easily through her as her own blood. She preferred that over twisting her body in awkward angles that were nowhere near smooth. Dark hair fell forward over her shoulder, she needed a new scrap of leather to tie it back. She liked fiddling with it but long hair did not come in handy while hunting. The slight crook in her nose was proof of that.
Hail
Hail

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Ridge wanted to slam his heels into the ground and fight back the moment Oakroot had said there was nothing like a dance to clear the head. Grief stabbed him at Oakroot's comment about their fear of the world they didn't understand. He had no idea how right he was. That was the reason Swirling had fled: she was afraid.

He wouldn't fight dancing, though. He grinned at Brooksong, giving her a sharp nudge and laughed, "Only when you cubs were giving me trouble."

He laughed as Oakroot took Brooksong and danced off with her before he turned to Stormcloud. He extended his hand to her, his blood singing with the music. Tonight was a night to embrace the wolf blood and forget the worries of the word.

"Shall we dance?" He asked Stormcloud invitingly.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 am

"Sure!" Stormcloud took hold of Ridge's hand and began dancing with him. She was glad to see that his mood had improved - no one should be sad on a festival day! Her movements were fluid and graceful, and she was concentrating on the dance. But she still attempted conversation. **So, have you enjoyed the festival? I mean, after you found the cubs?** She asked him. She thought it was a harmless question, but allowed him to explain his earlier mood if he chose to.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:39 pm

While dancing, Oaktroot looked around. He saw that the tribes were finally starting to mingle and some of the Seafolk even tried to dance like Wolffolk! This celebration started to be one to remember for the good reasons.

Oakroot felt like howling! And why not!
"AAWWHHOOOOOOOHHHAA!" Haha, he saw some startled faces, he knew his howl was much like a wolf. Living as long as he had it would have been strange for him not to!

But still he could feel something happend that could change how the festival was going. Stormcloud didn't know for sure, Ridge didn't want to talk about it. His chief had walked of with Kaimeta, no doubt they had snatched some delicious brew, so he didn't want to ask him.

He wondered who he could ask. If there was trouble a good howl for guidance may be what was needed...
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Ridge danced with Stormcloud, falling into the movements, the music pounding with his blood in his veins. Dancing with Swirling was mesmerizing, dancing with Stormcloud was real. Stormcloud wasn't soft and fragile like Swirling, she was strong and fierce and Ridge knew her well.

Ridge's smile faltered as he thought about how he'd enjoyed the festival after he'd found the cubs. He'd loved his time with Swirling, but the ending had been crushing.

**It's been wonderful,** he lock-sent to Stormcloud. He allowed her to feel some of the warmth and affection he felt for Swirling and an image of the sea-elf's face, but there was a sadness that twinged with it.

Stormcloud was one of his friends, but he wasn't sure he wanted to ask her what she thought about the whole thing. He'd rather ask one of the older elves, but he didn't feel he could confess to any of them what he felt and thought. If only there were someone he could talk to without fear of ridicule or embarrassment! He held in his question, simply dancing with his friend.

**Have you enjoyed the festival?** Ridge sent Stormcloud. It was far more natural for him to listen to other than tell them about his own problems and heartaches. He preferred being a support for others than having to bog them down with his worries.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:40 am

Stormcloud was startled by Ridge's sending-picture of Swirling. Her surprise turned into a cheerful grin. She lock-sent: **She is really pretty. Does she like you?** The sadness of his shared thoughts made her slightly worried. But surely the green-haired girl loved Ridge? How could anyone know him and not love him? He was so sweet to everybody, and good with the cubs.

**I've had a good time** She told him happily. She thought back about the day, from her promise to get shaped with a tail, to the contests, and to looking for the cubs and finding tusk-pigs instead, to the dancing and the startling revelation that the High One had Recognized Tern. **It's been quite an eventful day. This festival will be remebered for a long time.**
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Still dancing Oakroot heard some talk to each other. Recognition..? Who? His eyes widened! The High One with the sea-elf Tern? He could only guess how they reacted, but at best it wasn't going smoothly!
And his nephew Ridge? If he had fallen for a Wolffolk he would have known. And his face wouldn't look as troubled! No, difference between the two tribes were big, but not too big! Hmmm, how could he help?
He stopped dancing and walked to the table. First he had to think. While eating a plan formed in his head.

Last edited by Shinebright on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next