High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 11 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Delhya Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Ripeberry perked up " Ripeberry protect Thunderhead Highthing on her Hunt!" It flew a couple more circle around her head. "Ripeberry very good spotter!" It stopped, hovering and squinted it's eyes shading them with a hand, "when eyes not so come and go fuzzy. Highthing got fuzzy eyes like Ripeberry?" It replied never once lowered it's voice.

Straystar was relieved somewhat when he heard that there was no sign of the young ones in the water. He was going to hope it was a positive sign that they did not in fact go into the water. He looked towards the ocean with a uncomfortable glance. Looking back down at the carving he was working on, he had thought it was going to be another wolf but it was talking on a more catlike appearance.
He furrowed his brow at it, "ehck, I am just worrying too much over the young ones," he muttered sheathing his knife and placing the unfinished carving into his belt pouch.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 11 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Kaimeta Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Kai stood and brushed the sand from her hands and clothes. "Alright.Let's get this done." She waded to her waist in the water. "Who's going first?" she asked and then shaped for those elves wishing to look out in deeper water for the lost children.

Once finished shaping tales, gills and fins for the searching elves, Kai made her way back to the beach. Her mind still working to think of a place the little ones would have run off to. She watched Tidemist and her heart when out the other elf. She seemed to have a hard time keeping still. Just like when she was young. Kai thought back to days not long past when Tidemist wasn't more than a guppy herself.

"Tide!" Kai called out and rushed over to her friend. "Remember when you were much younger and you took a group of other children to see my hut at once of the festivals. Do you think that the younglings could have had the same idea? See the High One's home when she's not around?" The High One wondered fi that might be the case. "If you think so too, I'll take a group of elves up there and see, it might even lead us in the right direction to find them."
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Skybolt sighed. "If you're going to follow me, then try and be quiet!" She snarled at the creature. But she had to grin at the bug's next comment. The Preservers by and large were mostly an annoyance to Skybolt, but this one was different. Ripeberry shared her keen interest in dreamberries and their effects - and also the feelings of the following morning. "I do seem to have a fuzzier vision than usual," she admitted, "I rather think we should have waited until those berries were a bit riper." It was known to her that dreamberries were best enjoyed when ripe and juicy, but so many had been gathered for the festival that Skybolt and her friends had had to content themselves with the not-quite-ripe ones left in the bushes. "Tell you what, bug! Since I seem to be stuck with you anyways, let's make a deal: If you're quiet and do as I say, I will get us both some of the SeaFolk's dreamberry wine for tonight!" She promised.

--

**Thank you, High One!** Snaketwist sent gratefully. **We're going deeper into the ocean. It is unlikely we find anything, but I think it is where me and Tern will be most useful.** This sending, again, was open for all. The more people knew where everyone was, the more efficient the search would be.

Snaketwist swam into the deeper part of the ocean, using his tail and his fins for speed and strength. He had the usual feeling of excitement with the simple pleasure of swimming and breathing like a fish, like a sea creature born to it. But this time his main emotion was worry. The little pips... he really hoped they were safe. He tried to calm himself by reminding that there was no taste of blood in the water, nor any unusual excitement among its inhabitants.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Brooksong sighed lightly leaning forward and laying across Moonhowl's shoulders again with her fingers crossed under her chin as a rest. Her eyes glanced over the area where Stormcloud said there were tracks. 'Defiantly like stargazing through the trees' she thought to herself. her eyes started to wander into the nearby wood and crossed over one of the branchhorn trails, she sat up squinting at the trail itself a ways in.

"Stormcloud look down that one near that root, there are scuff marks around it." She and Moonhowl moved towards it carefully through the brush so not to disturb any of the trail. Coming out the other side of the trail she and Moonhowl froze.

**There is a wallow here for a herd of tusk pigs.** her sending edged with concern.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Stormcloud took a look at the marks Brooksong showed her. **Definitely the cubs.** She sent. **But which way did they go from here?**

And of course things would just be getting worse. Tusk pigs were dangerous even for grown elves. **I think... we should leave the pigs alone.** She sent, feeling uncertain. **At least... unless there are tracks that lead that way?**

Bigpaws was nosing around in the undergrowth, looking for scent trails. Stormcloud looked at her companions, elves and wolves both, and felt nervous. They could not fail this.

Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 am

Tidemist sighed and rubbed her face a little with her webbed fingers, trying to stay still and not fidget too much. She was actually surprised Straystar was staying so cursed calm. But at least one of them was keeping their head. She shook hers a little and looked up at the sky. No sendings from anyone, no hint of the cubs yet. Then she heard her nickname being called and turned, seeing Kaimeta running towards her. She stood up quickly and blinked at the very sudden and unexpected question.

She frowned, digging through her memories and slowly nodded. “Yes, I remember. I don't know if it's likely...but at this point, we can't afford to not search everywhere. Take your volunteers, and...good luck.” She gave a sort of strangled smile, desperately wishing she could go with her to help her search, but feeling it would make her seem like a bad chieftess if she just changed her mind constantly. She had said the chief's would wait on the beach, and she had to stick with that. But oh what she wouldn't give to go with her friend and do something to get this tension out of her bones!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Pathfinder slowed his madly dashing pace to sniff the underbrush. There was no warm cub-sent anywhere and none of the salty sent that all the SeaFolk carried. The wolf let out a low growl and Ridge bowed his head. His heart sank. There was no sign of the cubs anywhere near where he was.

Ridge silently urged Pathfinder to turn back to the beach. The cool darkness of the forest only weighed more heavily on his already heavy heart. The cub and guppy were lost somewhere and he had no idea where!

Pathfinder retraced his way back to the beach, but refused to leave the shelter of the trees. Ridge slid from his back and walked away. He pushed his way onto the beach, temporarily blinded by the sun and closed his eyes. He way aware of scratches on his arms and face from the mad dash through the trees. He lifted his chin and looked across the beach at Straystar and Tidemist. How could he tell his chief that he hadn't been able to find a single trace of the cubs?
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Edited:
Straystar looked up in the direction of Ridge and Pathfinder. "Ahhh Good you're back but still in a mood huh? Take Lancestrike and go help the High One look around near her hut. A couple of noses may be helpful." Lancestrike shot up from his sitting position from his sand doodles, "REALLY!!? I get to help!.... Er" He got all serious "I mean yes my Chief." He jogged towards Ridge practically shaking with excitement to get to do something, his spear in hand and Thornbite following at his heels.

**Better hurry if you going to keep up with them they have a tad bit of a head start on you** he locksent to Ridge, his sending giving no sign of disappointment.

Last edited by Delhya on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:20 pm

It took a moment for Ridge to register what Straystar had told him to do. He was to take Lancestrike to help the High One search for the cubs. Relief at having some direction washed over him.

"Of course, Straystar," He said with a dip of his head. "Come on, Lancestrike, we better hurry to catch up with the others."

He lock-sent to Straystar, expressing his relief and gratitude with a wash of emotion and quiet, **Thank you.**

Ridge crouched down in front of Lancestrike so he was at the same level as the cub. He believed that cubs should be told things straight so they could understand it, but they always had to be given a purpose rather than just sitting around. He spoke steadily and seriously to Lancestrike as he always did with the cubs, "Lancestrike, as one of the oldest cubs, you know I depend on you to help me look after the others. You know that the missing cubs are too little to look after themselves and I need your help to find them. But, you have to listen to me, okay?"

Ridge would take Lancestrike with him as instructed. He knew that Lancestrike would want to prove himself as always (if only to boast to the other cubs) and would help find the missing cub and guppy.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Kai wasn't to far ahead. There were only a few that had chosen to come with her. She floated back a little so that her voice would carry. "If anyone else is coming let's get the rocks out and move." She said her tone full of the authority she was given as high one. She hated not being active in a time like this and while she wasn't the best tracker she knew this area better than most, she had lived here for thousands of years after all, but she still lacked the tracking skills of the wolf folk.

She arrived at her home. Looking around her heart nearly sank to the bottom of the seas. It didn't seem that the children could have come this was but the wind was picking up from off the lake near by, from which her small spring was feed.

Walking over to the spring covered by the palm trees, Kai wondered where they were. That's when the High One noticed that somethings were out of place. Her face plant impression in the sand was covered over, and if you looked there were small foot prints.

"They've been this way." She said, "Maybe you can pick up a trail from here." Kai hoped her odd eyes starring off at nothing, that the children hadn't gotten far.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Stormcloud finally found the tracks of the cubs leading down a path... a path she herself had walked along after her hunt a few days ago. It led to Kaimeta's hut.

**Come on, Sunsong, Brooksong**, she sent to her companions, **I have their trail again.**

She mounted Bigpaws and they rode along the path, moving faster now they knew the right direction. She just hoped they wouldn't be too late. The forest was full of dangers, to elves large and small alike.

--

Snaketwist searched and searched, all in vain, for there was not a trace of the pips anywhere in the ocean. He kept reminding himself that this was a good thing. The little ones were much safer on the dry land surely - at least the WolfFolk "cub" was. But he worried for his littlest tribemate.

Snaketwist wasn't familiar with the forest. As a child, he had been told to stay away from it. There were all kinds of dangers there - snakes, poisonous insects, hungry predators. He had been raised to stay at the High Cove, and to know the ocean, not the "green growing place". All those shadows... he imagined them full of hungry eyes.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Tern swam after his cousin once the High One had finished shaping his tail. He didn't have much hope in finding the young ones, but he knew that it was better to be sure they weren't in the deeper parts of the sea.

After they had searched for some time, not finding anything, he turned to Snaketwist. "They have to be in the forest," he said, "At this point I wonder if our little guppy will ever want to come back." One of the corners of Tern's lips lifted to form a half smile. He tried to imagine the excitement of the young SeaFolk child exploring the mysteries of the trees with a new friend.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:34 pm

When Silence called his wolf, he didn't have to wait long before Shadow came running from the forest. Silence welcomed him, one knee in the sand, he put his arms around Shadow's neck and hugged him. He send openly ** thanks for coming so quickly, we need you ** ** Silence -friend-help-friend ** Silence smiled, his face hidden in Shadow's fur ** I know you will, I know you will ** He caressed Shadow behind his ears.
When Brooksong came with the pip and cub items, he helped her to hold the items under Shadow's nose. He gave her a little smile to encourage her. ** Shadow, smell these two scents, we have to find these two cubs, they are lost **** Strange -cub-bad-scent **** I know, it's a pup from the seafolk, our friends ** ** friends - find- cubs** Silence got up and said "You are right we will find them." He mounted Shadow and listened to the instructions.
Silence was a little bit surprised when he heard Straystar calling for Sunsong, Stormcloud and Brooksong, he thought Straystar would call for his hunt leader. Weren't they not a little too young to take the lead ? After all nobody knew what had happened, it could be dangerous.
An old warning of danger send a chill along his spine. No he couldn't think like that, there were no humans here, He would've smelled their stink.
When Straystar started to form groups of three, Silence made sure he stayed out of Straystar's line of vision, he had decided he would follow Stormcloud and the other two. He stayed in the shadows and watched as Sunsong and Stormcloud scanned the area. Shadow became impatient** We-go-now-search-cubs ** Silence send locked ** not yet,we stay with those 3, keep watch.**
**They went this way, come quickly!** Silence gave Shadow the sign to follow Bigpaws.
Silence heard Crowspirit's howling and again his ancient instinct made him cringe,she would betray their position..
Silence grabbed Shadow's fur tighter. He had to stop thinking like that,after all this time, he shouldn't have this fears any longer, there were no humans here, the cubs were fine, Sunsong was right, they were probably sleeping somewhere safe. But he couldn't help himself,he continued to scan the area for any kind of danger.
When they reached the 3 crossroads, Silence scanned the area. When Stormcloud mentioned the tusk pigs, Silence prepared his bow. He would make sure none of his companions got hurt.

He sighted, when he saw Stormcloud speeding away, they were far too reckless. He urged Shadow to follow at a little distance while he scanned for traps and other dangers.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 pm

"Yes, Ridge," Lancestrike said, impatient to get started, but he knew he wouldn't be allowed to do anything if he didn't listen to what Ridge said. For all of his gentleness and patience, Ridge could be very strict.

Ridge straightened up, turning and heading down the beach at a fair clip. Cubs were quick when they wanted to be and he had no doubt that Lancestrike could keep up, especially with his excitement.

**Pathfinder, meet me down at the High One's hut,** he lock-sent his wolf-friend. He felt the rough consent of Pathfinder and picked up the pace.

The hot sand burned the bottoms of his feet, even through his moccasins and he could hear the whimpers and yelps of Thornbite. He picked of the wolf cub deftly, ignoring it's sharp, short yelp.

**Never mind, Pathfinder, I need you here,** Ridge lock-sent a little testily. He disliked the scorching sand and the blazing sun. It was only moments before the wolf came dashing out of the woods and across the expanse of beach to Ridge's side.

Ridge climbed onto Pathfinder's back, holding the wolf cub in one arm and looked down at Lancestrike.

"You mean I really get to ride on him?!" Lancestrike cried with excitement, positively jumping up and down. Ridge never let the cubs climb on Pathfinder because the wolf was impatient, but this was different.

"Of course," Ridge said. He picked Lancestrike up and positioned the cub in front of himself with minimal protest from Pathfinder. The wolf let out a short warning growl at Ridge, but Ridge's sending of urgency cut off the snarl.

Once Lancestrike was settled, Pathfinder took off down the beach, much faster than Ridge could run, even with two passengers. The reached Kaimeta's hut before too long.

Ridge dismounted, putting Lancestrike and Thornbite on the ground. "Alright, you have to help look for the cubs now, but let me know if you pick up their trail."

With a hasty nod from Lancestrike, the cubling was hurrying off with Thornbite to try and pick up the trail. Pathfinder began sniffing around the hut, sifting through the scents.

Ridge cautiously approached Kaimeta. Her vacant expression was worrying him. His face softened and he lock-sent her, **We'll find the cubs, High One, I promise.**
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Straystar watched Ridge ride off on Pathfinder with Lancesrike and Thornbite and chuckled softly despite the urgency of the situation. Ridge would be making that up to Pathfinder later he was sure. He look towards Tidemist

**Good call having them Check the HighOnes hut, I would not have thought of that.** He locksent to her.

Brooksong gripped her spear tighter with her one hand and held Moonhowls scruff with the other as they raced after Bigpaws. She kept and eye and nose out for anymore signs of the pigs. They made her a little nervous with how unpredictable they could be. Plus knowing that it was a boar that had killed her Granddam Cheiftess Firespark and her wolf Swiftglade so many eights ago. She tensed a little when she heard the brush behind and to the right of them rustle. Then catching a scent and a flash of white, "Ahh only a branchorn doe and fawn Moonhowl" she spoke softly squeezing his scruff in reassurance more for herself.   
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Silence urged Shadow to run a little faster so he could catch up with them. His bow was ready in his hand. Now he was so close that he saw Brooksong's nervous reaction. He forgot for a moment his own fears and his need to protect the others surfaced. He locksend to Brooksong ** hey Brooksong, don't be afraid, I'm right behind you, I'll watch over you, I'll kill every tusk pig that tries to hurt you or the others.**
He let Shadow run a little to the right of the road so that Brooksong could see him when she turned her face around to watch over her shoulder.
He then send open to Stormcloud** Stormcloud, not so fast! Slow down! At this speed you will miss it, if the cubs suddenly left the path.**
He continued in a locksend ** please calm down, take your time to watch your surroundings, we don't know what we're dealing with, be cautious. I've your back.**
He hoped she was not too far ahead. It was  difficult to say. The path turned and twisted too much to have a clear sight of her. He still scanned the area for possible dangers.
He locksend to Shadow** Shadow did you pick up the scent of the cubs?** **yes- scent-not-strong-hurry** **ok, let me know if you smell the scent coming from another direction.**
He looked at Brooksong and locksend ** Are you alright? **
He tried to sound confident and trustworthy.
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Kai looked down at Ridge. "I have no doubt that we will find them. It's how we might find them that worries me." She sighed and brushed a hand over her face. "While we have nothing to fear from Humans, there are wild things in the woods that could cause problems." She left her words hang as they would in the air between them. "For thousands of years I have roamed these woods and beach, and I can't find a couple of young ones that have wandered off." She felt helpless, unable to protect those that she was suppose to. These elves where her family and here she was letting them down.

'I should have stayed with the little ones instead of watching the games.' She thought to herself her eyes still staring out at nothing.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Brooksong looked a little relieved 'ugh it is just Silence and branchhorns spooking me, I am acting like a startled ravvit.' she thought chiding herself.

** Thanks Silence that is good to know, tusk pigs...just make me nervous is all. I have only heard stories about them never hunted them, Father says they are only for expert hunters and even then we have to be careful.** She locksent back to him.

Staystar looked lost in thought for a moment ** Very well head on back and gather anyone you come across and we will continue the search north and near the Holt** he locksent.

Turning back to Tidemist "Windgrace says there is no signs of elves to the south for at least a handful of days, so the cubs did not likely go that way or make it that far. they are sweeping back north towards us as we speak."
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 pm

"High One," Ridge address Kaimeta respectfully. "I know that the cubs are alive. I don't know how I know, but I would if something had happened to them." He looked seriously at the High One.

Hesitantly, he reached out to place a hand lightly on her arm and lock-sent to her. **High One... Kaimeta,** He felt disrespectful just thinking her name and couldn't believe he was addressing her with it. **I know how you feel about the cubs. They're my responsibility and I wasn't paying close enough attention. Please don't blame yourself. As cub-minder I'm the one you should blame. But right now we have to focus on finding them, so please help me find them.**

Mingled with Ridge's words in his lock-sending were powerful roiling emotions. Fear, pain, grief, and worry, but also determination and hope.

**I know you're scare and hurting, High One, but the cubs need you right now. I need you.** Ridge lock-sent before letting his hand fall to his side and circled near the hut, searching for any traces of the cubs.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Snaketwist was surprised at his cousin's almost-smile. **I really hope someone finds them soon...** And then he realized they were way out of sending range from the High Cove. **Maybe someone already has. We're too far to have received their sendings.** He wondered if they should go back and check if the pips were found, but decided against it. It would only be time wasted if they were still missing. **I have a bad feeling. This could end in a tragedy. We must do our duty. Search and search again.** Though the words were heavy, he felt a small contentment that they were doing the right thing, the best they could do.

--

Stormcloud, mounted on Bigpaws, rode down the forest path heading to Kaimeta's hut. She did not turn to look behind her, to check if her companions followed. In her youth and inexperience, she did not consider all the dangers that could be out there. She was just so worried about the cubs. It seemed to her a matter of urgency. Besides, these were familiar lands. She hunted here often. **Come along** she sent to her companions, with a tinge of impatience, completely forgetting that one of these companions was in fact her Hunt Leader. Silence had been true to his name so far, he spoke so little, it was easy to forget he was there.

So his sending gave her a small jolt of surprise. She had to admit he was right. She got Bigpaws to halt, and turned back, returning to where the others were. **I'm sorry! You're right of course. I just got so worried, I wanted to find them quick.** She admitted, a bit sheepishly.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Tidemist smiled wryly at Straystar's locksend and nodded a little, sending back. *I meant what I said. With those pips missing, we can't afford to not look everywhere. We'll find them.* Though the last words seemed to be more for Tidemist's comfort than Straystars. She wrapped her arms around herself a little and sighed yet again, looking towards the ocean. She smiled a little though, at the young pip Lancestrike's excitement. She wondered briefly, not for the first time, what it was like to ride a wolf. Perhaps she would ask Stormcloud later, a trade of cultures. A tour of the oceans with a tail for the wolf maiden, and a wolf ride for the sea maiden. The thought made her smile a little.

She broke out of her thoughts when Straystar spoke to her. She turned toward him and smiled softly. “Good to know. I haven't any idea how fast a pip could run when they really want to...but it's good to know they probably haven't gotten too far.” She moved a moment then crouched down, using her finger to draw a crude map of the coast and near by forest in the sand.

She erased the cove of caves that housed the SeaFolk, and the incredibly large tree that homed the WolfFolk. She erased the area of Goldsand beach. “Perhaps we can narrow it down with this. Anywhere we've already looked narrows down where we haven't.” She paused, closing her eyes as she sent to the High one.

*Kaimeta, have you had any luck at your hut? You must have surely gotten there by now.*
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Silence was relieved when he saw Stormcloud appear, he was glad she'd returned. He asked Shadow to slow down and before they could bump into each other, they came to a full stop.
He gave her a little smile and send openly.** It's okay to be worried about the cubs,  I understand completely. I'm worried too ** His sending was mingled with worry, comprehension and reassuring. There was no trace of reproach when he continued to send openly.** Never forget that even when you're on familiar hunting grounds,you still have to expect the unexpected**
He continued in his soft voice, "Stormcloud, are you sure they stayed on the path? Is there their scent the  strongest? "Silence wanted her to know that he was not mad at her."I trust you, you're doing great."He turned to Sunsong when he said:"Sunsong  can help you check the sides of the road. Brooksong and me we'll watch your back."
He looked to the others for confirmation. "I think this road goes to the house of the High One, hopefully the cubs are there. He locksend to Stormcloud ** The lead is yours, go ahead, we will follow you.**
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 pm

As they swam farther and farther out, Tern became more and more sure that the young troublemakers were nowhere near the ocean. If he hadn't known better, he might have even deduced that nothing was near the ocean. The ocean was so big it was easy to swim for a stretch without seeing any life. This, of course, could be the exact reason he should assume the guppies were there; it was so big that if they were, it was quite possible they wouldn't be found. But, Tern still chose to expect the best.

He felt himself wishing his companion could share the same carefree, optimistic views as he did. Seeing the concern on the other elf's face made him feel sorry for him. About to send a reassurance that the pips would be found, he had an idea.

His cousin's words about the possibility of the guppies being already found reminded Tern that they were out of sending range. He glanced behind him, looking back at the dark water they had passed through. **Maybe one of us should search just within sending range, while the other goes farther out,** he sent, turning back to Snaketwist, **That way if they do get found, the closer elf can get the sending, then send to the farther one.**

--

After thoroughly searching the Holt and its surrounding area, Crowspirit just had one last corner of the nearby undergrowth to check. She neither smelled nor heard any sign of the cubs, and hadn't throughout the search, so she doubted this last check would prove fruitful. Still, however, she checked just in case. Crouching down, she pushed aside the cluster of high growing plants to see better into the area. She wasn't surprised when, after carefully searching for any sign of anything, she couldn't find a trace of them.

**There is no sign of them near the Holt,** she sent for anyone nearby to hear. Her next sending would reach only Straystar's mind. **Shall I return to keeping an eye on the Holt itself?** She asked, again hoping that her chief wouldn't ask her to head near the beach. She wanted the cubs to be alright, but she trusted her tribemates and their senses. She felt it would be much more important to stay and guard the Holt, and that wasn't only because she avoided the beach at all costs.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Ridge paced away from Kaimeta's Hut. He paused to crouch and examine the sand. He couldn't tell if the depressions in the sand were natural or footprints. He moved farther, scanning the ground for any sign of the cubs, but none presented themselves. He looked up, away from the ocean and towards the forest, a dark expression on his face.

"Lancestrike," He called to the cub who looked up immediately at the call and came running.

"What is it, Ridge?" he asked.

"Stay with the High One," Ridge instructed carefully. "Don't go far from where she is. I'm going to look for the cubs closer to the forest. Howl if you fine anything."

"Can't I come with you?" Lancestrike asked sullenly.

"Not this time," Ridge said firmly. He squeezed Lancestrike's shoulder and walked away from the hut. He picked up his pace, running towards the woods. Pathfinder fell in step, loping beside him.

**Find cubs,** Ridge lock-sent to the wolf.

Ridge swung onto Pathfinder's back. Just inside the forest it was cool and dark, familiar. Ridge dropped off the wolf's back, breathing deeply. Mentally he raked through the scents, trying to find any scent of the cubs. Pathfinder walked, nose to the ground, and let out a low growl.

Ridge hurried to his wolf-friend's side an sniffed carefully. There was cub scent, but weak and stale. It had been a while since they'd been here.

**I've found their scent!** Ridge open-sent. He didn't know if the message would reach all the way to the other search parties and threw his head back howling, "Oooowooooowooowow!"

Pathfinder howled as well.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:33 am

Kai smiled down at Ridge. "I blame no one for this." She lied. She blamed herself really but then what was she to tell the young to her elf. "We all got caught up in the games and younglings wandered off. This has happened before." She smiled. it had happened before and the children were always found well and safe sleeping some where.

She placed her hand over his and smiled again at his sending. *I do not fear that we will find them.* she sent all positive emotions trying her best to keep her worry to herself.

"Come on Lancestrike." Kai smiled at the cub. "Let's see if they were by the pond." She smiled and with the cub in tow set of towards her bathing pond.

**We haven't found the cubs* Kai sent to Tidemist. **But we have found traces that they have been this way.* she again kept her worry as best she could to her self, attempting to make her sending as up beat and positive as she could. **Ridge went off into the forest to look for them.** Then a howl broke through her thoughts. ** And it seems he found something.**

"Come on Lancestrike." Kai said lifting the young cub as she rose into the air to follow the howls. If on the off chance the younglings were hurt, Kai felt the need to be there to help them as only a healer of her years could.

Kai followed a ways as the wolves ran she was used to dodging the beaches and ducking under boughs. She floated through this part of the forest often when she hunted. She followed until she got an idea.

*I think they might be near the lake.* The high one open sent. *Since it seems we're headed that way.* She picked up a little speed as she moved through the forest. *We'll go on ahead.* She said and headed for the lake that fed her small pond.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next