High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Questions, Ideas or concerns for the past info section.

+2
WolfCandy
Kaimeta
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions, Ideas or concerns for the past info section.  Empty Questions, Ideas or concerns for the past info section.

Post by Kaimeta Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:55 am

feel free to post any questions you may have here for this section.
the staff will get to you as soon as they can.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Questions, Ideas or concerns for the past info section.  Empty Re: Questions, Ideas or concerns for the past info section.

Post by WolfCandy Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:37 pm

So we just copy the histories from the character profiles, then post them in a new thread in the past section? Smile
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Questions, Ideas or concerns for the past info section.  Empty Re: Questions, Ideas or concerns for the past info section.

Post by Kaimeta Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 pm

to start if you want. this is really a place to nail down the finer details of a history between characters.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:28 pm

300 years ago Tidemist is 12, Snaketwist is 21, Tern is 23 and Swirling is 45
Would they play together as children?
Form a best friend group, like the four musketeer, one for all, all for one.
If they were, are they still?

I was thinking of swimming expeditions, Swirling could take them and show them around. Maybe they have a special cave somewhere
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Well, me and Wolfcandy have already agreed that Tern and Snaketwist grew up as friends, so I'd say the rest is possible too... Smile
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:36 pm

i imagine Tidemist would tag along with her nearest agemate! perhaps look up to him as something like an older brother as a child?
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:45 pm

That would work! Very Happy How long has Snaketwist liked Tidemist? If Tidemist was close to them when they were young, and Snaketwist didn't like her then, then it would be possible Tern would try to pursue her (if he liked her then, though, Tern would have definitely stayed away)... And what would Tern's relationship be with Swirling? Would they be too close of friends for him to ever pursue her, or would they have ever fooled around?

I think Swirling, Tide, and Tern all have magical abilities so they could connect there.. (but poor Snaketwist would be left out Sad( I don't think they would ever try to make him feel that way, though)

How would their friendship have formed?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Hmm... I think when Tidemist was still a child, Snaketwist would have 'tolerated' having her around. She would have been younger that Snaketwist and Tern, so she wouldn't have been able to keep up with all they did... a bit like Cutter tagging along Skywise, maybe? Only tagging along Tern and Snaketwist both.

Snaketwist would only have developed his crush on Tidemist when she was a maiden grown... perhaps he saw her dancing at a festival dressed all grown-up, and realized things had changed?

Snaketwist is not one to put himself forward, so I don't think he'd have minded lacking magic powers. Besides, he has an unique skill of his own - the contortionism that gave him his name. I think he'd have enjoyed seeing his friends use their magic, and not felt envious about it.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Do you think Snaketwist ever told Tern about his crush?

Also, I wonder if the three magic users would have ever competed or boasted in some way? I wouldn't put it past Tern, but at the same time, he has a slight magic ability and doesn't really pay much attention to it so he might not have.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:03 pm

i rather like that idea leanan!^^ definitely makes me chuckle...it's very much a twisted Cutter/Skywise! skywise was sooo anxious to have an agemate, then quickly decided "oh hay wait no, sexy adult elf women are BETTER! scram cutter!" XD except reversed..."annoying Tidemist, scram! you a kid!" to "woah...sexy adult Tidemist...be mine now?"
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Lol, Tide! :'D
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Tide, I'm laughing out loud here and my cat thinks I'm nuts. Yeah, that's basically how it would have been.

Edit: and I don't think Snaketwist has told anyone about his crush. He is too shy. He might have, however, sometimes asked Tern or someone else for advice in 'winning over' someone, without revealing who that someone was.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:49 pm

I'll like the idea of swirling and Tern become closed friends and maybe she could have had a crush on Snaketwist? And be disappointed when she found out that he had a crush on Tidemist?
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Oooo, I like that! Very Happy
In my previous post I said he told no one... but maybe Swirling guessed anyways? Because she took an interest in him and saw him watching Tidemist?
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Cool, I like that idea very much I love you I love you
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Ooo! Love all the love drama between them :'D When did Swirling start liking Snaketwist, and did it ever stop or did she still like him when she met Ridge? Does Tern know?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:46 pm

So I put everything we said earlier in a little text, it's a first try so feel free to add or to change things, looking forward to your feedback.
---------
300 years ago Tidemist was 12, Snaketwist was 21, Tern was 23 and Swirling was 45 when they became close friends

Swirling, was a rockshaper, Tide, could float and Tern could water shape, having all magical abilities and Snaketwist  being a contortionist made them all special and created a bond.  Through their games and adventures their powers were put to the challenge and with the years they grew stronger and elaborated. They shared many moments of joy and laughter.

Tern and Snaketwist became friends as soon as Snaketwist could walk and talk passably enough.
Tidemist joined them from the day she could walk.
Tidemist being younger than the others couldn't always keep up with all they did, but whenever she could she tagged along both Tern and Snaketwist, she looked up to them, like they were her older brothers.

One day Swirling went to the caves, she knew very well that her father had forbidden her to go alone, but she was 45 and convinced that she could handle it. She didn't notice that she had 3 elves on her tail.
Tern had always wanted to go on an adventure, he had seen that Swirling regularly sneaked out to caves and he wished he could go with her. This time when he saw here sneaking of, he alerted Snaketwist and together they followed Swirling, the young Tidemist didn't want to stay alone and flew behind them.

They kept a safe distance, when Swirling entered the caves, they only hesitated for one moment. Carefully they followed Swirling along the slippery rocks, helping Tidemist when necessary. The scenery was magical, fluorescent mosses shrouded the caves in a blue-green light. In some caves the sunlight came through an opening under water and gave the impression that the water pool was made of pure light. They were admiring the scene when a loud rumble and a sharp cry startled them.

They hurried to catch up with her, but where once a path had been was now a mountain of stones, only a little opening was left, to small for a normal elf but no problem for Snaketwist. He slides and twisted his body until he was on the other side. There he found Swirling unconscious with a heavy bleeding head wound. He shouted to the others, "you've got to go for help, Swirling is badly wounded, I will stay with her, go !"

Tern guided Tidemist to the entrance and stayed there so they would know which entrance to take, Tidemist flew as fast as she could, shouting for help. It wasn't long before Clamstone, Capricious, Kaimeta and the other parents reached the entrance where Tern took him to the collapse.

This time their story had a happy ending. After this adventure they were bonded in a close friendship.

Swirling guided the three of them often through the labyrinth of caves, Snaketwist would consort his body through the smallest openings. When Tern used his power He could create favoring currents that gave them the sensation to glide down a slide. They categorized the caves that they discovered, Shining was the cave full of oisters and pearls, Honeycomb was a labyrinth of narrow tunnels, etc.   Headquarters was their secret fortress.

When they grew older, their relationships intensified.Tern and Swirling became very close, too close for either to ever pursue the other. During the festival they always danced together and made a lot of fun. One time when Tidemist was a grown maiden she had dressed all grown-up. Snaketwist looked at her and realized that things had changed, he developed a crush on Tidemist, being too shy to express them, he kept his feelings to himself.
Swirling had developed feelings for Snaketwist. Because she took an interest in him, she saw him watching Timemist and guessed it anyways, because he looked at her, like she knew she looked at him. It hurt but she kept his secret. Sometimes she was a little jealous of Tidemist though, when she got all of his attention. But even those feelings faded over time because she valued her friendship with Tidemist very high.
----------------

Last edited by Silence on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:33 pm; edited 12 times in total
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:03 pm

I think that is perfect for describing them Very Happy Now we need to figure out how their friendship formed. Tern and Snaketwist I think would have been friends first, considering their age. Maybe they became friends as soon as Snaketwist could walk and talk passably enough?
Swirling probably came second because she is older than Tide?
Also, Swirling is around twenty years older than Snaketwist and Tern, so would she have been too old to be playing with them? If she was 22 when Tern was born, would she be interested in playing with he and Snaketwist once they were old enough? If you look at Brooksong, who is 16, she is already involved in more adult things. And I know that when Tern was 21, he had already started fishing for a while and wanted to be seen as more mature so he might not have gone out exploring as much as he did when he was young Sad
I really love the idea of their friendship, but would it make more sense if we adjusted their ages a bit?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Well Brooksong tries a little to hard to be an adult hence her cubish relapses here and there. ^_^

Do you think Tern would introduce you know who to them all? Something to think about. That is a Teaser for the rest of you, though I think Tide will figure it out ;-D
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 pm

I agree that it's logic that Tern and Snaketwist would be first best friends, swirling stayed young in heart, but I find it hard to put an age at which she could start see the others no longer as cubs, maybe it's better to adjust their years. I'm open for suggestions.
Tidemist was 12, Snaketwist was 21, Tern was 23 and Swirling was 45
If these were the ages that their friendship started, like Tern follow Swirling wen she went to the caves on an adventure
Tidemist joined the two of you earlier, from the day she could walk:-)
Swirling joined as last, happy to have the attention of to guys :-)
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Let's wait to talk to the others and see what they say Very Happy
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:09 pm

sounds all good! though i don't think tide developed her watershaping abilities til...eh...teenhood? maybe adulthood, which is why they are weak. she probably had floating from a young age...possibly discovered shortly after she was born. which is why she's a good floater. XD
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Maybe the magic stuff came later? Tern and Swirling could've had their magic before Tide and then when hers was more developed they could've done a whole "look who finally came around" or something.. it could be kind of like a coming of age celebration in their friendship?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 am

well i'm not sure how that works if she has her powers since shortly after she learns how to walk...^^0
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:41 am

I changed the text, if we only talk about your power to float, could it stay in the text?
Silence
Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next