High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

[art] Apogee's Elfy things

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[art] Apogee's Elfy things - Page 2 Empty Re: [art] Apogee's Elfy things

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:10 am

Aaa! He looks very frighteningly powerful!  pale 
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:30 pm

He is very. But also, he's got certain sensitive sides that he only really shows to a few people. As a remarkably arrogant individual he tends to overestimate himself and leaves himself open to defeat. Thus being defeated by two of the Dare's Valley elves by using his own machines and magic against him Wink

Over time, he's become less 'evil' and more of a mischief maker, lol kind of a predecessor of MLP's Discord, in many ways.

... He also has a daughter that Recognized a character I have from an entirely different planet. >_> Because they're both visiting the Paragon universe in city of heroes. lol.
Apogee
Apogee

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Is that a bad thing? :O
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:58 pm

hehehe To me, it's a hilarious thing.

>_> What I do when I have nothing but time and characters and worlds?
I mix and match. I use the Sims 2 for two reasons: making huge homes, and breeding characters.

Alorel was considered 'dangerous' to his people, originally exiled from his world. He wound up traipsing around the multiverse with magic and psionics of his own, plus a starship which he managed to crash into one side of the Otherforest. He didn't arrive to the Otherforest *via the portals*, he physically flew there in it. Smile But he then, because I love to do this, made it to Paragon City (or actually the villain side, Rogue Isles) and I played him in that game until it closed.

Alorel's daughter with Snowdrift (yes, my character and he have had a long-term love-hate relationship, because, hot scary guys are my thing) is Winterkill - who I also made for city of heroes but didn't play all that much.

(Alorel and Snow have been around since ... like, the mid-80s, and Winterkill since the early 90s.)

And then there's Vaelan, who Recognized Winterkill.

Vaelan is from a world called Dragondeep, detailed in my world-of-zekira deviantart page (which I should link in my profile, I think). Dragondeep, I created in 2010.

Vaelan is known as "The Bloody Mutt King". Bloody because he's had to execute his own brothers for conspiring to kill their father the then-king among other very, very awful battles against the Fey and certain other groups on his world. Mutt, because though he's one of twelve kings of the Lumin elves, he's known to be half Jewel Witch (his mother's people, strong psionicists who use tiaras with inset gems to make their powers more potent), he's also got a number of other humanoid-kin in his line.

The Lumin, however... had a kingdom that used to be known, some 7 or 8 thousand years ago, as the Domain of the Illuminated. They mostly killed each other off - they were powerful and competitive, and those who were left over from their massive civil wars (civilized wars- they competed mostly passively, but insisted on duels to the death even if they weren't physical battles) grew into the more peaceful and careful Lumin that Vaelan is from.

Alorel, I realized, was *exiled from the Domain of the Illuminated*. For being too crazy for THEM. So basically, by having this elf-mothered child open to recognition, AND being part of Vaelan's genetic line, this pair could produce some pretty incredible offspring.

>_> I think too much.
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:22 pm

I admire your complex and creative character detail and history! You should be writing novels !
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Oh I do that too... >_>

Trust me, I have so many things I work on at once, I'm constantly moving between different projects. If I get bored or blown out on one, I'll go to another for a while.

Dragons, horses/steeds, wolves, ferilon adoptables, world of zekira stuff, repurposed/fanfiction stuff, harry potter fan stuff, elf stuff... dawnlight i should work on at some point. Dragondeep was purely random generator stuff that really got detailed because I had a couple interesting bits I could put in the world (jewel witches and the portals). I have a number of non-game non-fan items (Dawnlight, Body Dancing, The Endings, to name a few) that have full length novel writing behind them, in addition to artwork or dolling/game stuff out of them.

I think I do this sometimes because if the crap in my head built up too much I would explode.
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Apogee wrote: constantly moving between different projects. If I get bored or blown out on one, I'll go to another for a while.

My life right there.

Have you ever considered trying to publish your non-game, non-fan novels? You probably could with your writing skill Razz
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 pm

I have two, perhaps three full sized projects that are for the most part finished and could be published. I'm just pretty much terrified that they'll be rejected, plus: I have no identity right now. No bank account, my online presence is here only because I have good friends with a home for me, so if I get anywhere it'll have to be after establishing myself again. There are a million reasons I don't have those things, not the least of which were 'evicted' and 'jobless', so it'll be a while before I'm brave enough to try and become a real world person again.

In the mean time, editing things and finishing one of the projects has been ... well, uphill work. The one, Body Dancing (or < /body> as it's supposed to be known, 'body tag') isn't finished because it's essentially therapy for me and I no longer 'needed' to write it. Since life imitated art, imitating life, I haven't felt particularly compelled to write it any more, though I have carried the characters everywhere. Dawnlight is 'finished' but is only the first part of three, and the second and third parts ... I have zero impulse to write. I finished Dawnlight's first novel 20 years ago. Body Dancing, I haven't touched in 10. ugh. lol.
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Sad I'm sure everything will work out eventually! Smile
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:50 pm

I'm certainly hoping. Since I *do* have good friends, and many of them from my teenage years who've known me basically all my life, a couple of them are able to help me work on the RPG (Zekira) and with any kind of luck that will pan out. I have at least got a good idea of what I need for that to actually become a real thing: a kickstarter for artwork money and publishing costs. But that's provided the people who are playtesting it don't think it's utter garbage. Wink

What I'd love to do is send my Repurposed fic to Valve, since their characters and worlds are half of the thing. I'd like to write for them but I'm soooo not a team player. Even with a company structure like theirs I'm not sure I'd have enough to contribute to them on the level that they'd need out of me.
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:53 am

You're doing an RPG? :O How cool!

You could always try it just to see. Maybe you'd end up liking it, or learning to work better in a team X)
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:12 am

Well, I've had friends working in the video game industry - friends who turned prematurely grey, literally pulled their hair out, and quit the entire industry not just their job at Sony. By the same token I have friends who started with those guys and have continued to work for Blizzard (yes, I know people working on World of Walkcraft and yes I do call it that to their faces) and are still enjoying themselves.

I would *looooove* to see Zekira as an MMO, but frankly it deals with mature subjects like slavery and breeding, gambling and murder, so... not really sure that would fly very well. Smile

And lol since looking up some of the Lumin information about Vaelan's people, I've been editing the Dragondeep booklet too. (it's like... nearly 100 pages already of maps, descriptions of locations, cultures and such but also has a short game system in it as well...) I'm half tempted to put it up somewhere using the forum software here. Though I should more concentrate on Zekira than some other much more vague system!
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:47 am

It would be awesome to see some of that stuff :O But focus on what you need to focus on ;P
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum