High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Serpent Fang

3 posters

Go down

Serpent Fang Empty Serpent Fang

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Player's name: Ember Robinwood
Character's name: Serpent Fang
Character's age: 546 years
Soulname: S’vatar
Tribe: SeaFolk
Tribal Position: Hunt Leader

Appearance: Serpent Fang has pale bone-white skin and sharp green eyes. He has black hair that he wears down, often hanging in his face. His long, thin fingers are webbed, as are his ears. His face his narrow and his eyes are perpetually narrowed. His teeth are also a  sharper than most. Serpent Fang was born with gills along his rib cage, unlike most sea-elves who have gills shaped by Kaimeta.
Body Build: He is thin and slightly shorter than most. His muscles are lean and whip-like.
Usually Seen Wearing: Serpent Fang is most often seen in a thin, worn out leather tunic that has no sleeves. He also doesn’t wear a belt. His trousers are also worn out. He wears a jacket that is equally old. The jacket is fringed with feathers of a dull grey (the feathers were once black and white, coming from the sea birds that nest near the beach). All of his clothes are tattered from time, giving him the appearance of being shabby. Despite this, he appears quite fierce. His feet are bear at all times; why he doesn’t wear shoes is anyone’s guess.
Weapon preference: He wields a spear with a serrated bone tip.
Magic: None

Family: Serpent Fang has no known (or at least acknowledged) kin.

Personality: Serpent Fang is stubborn and fierce. He’s a loner, refusing to consort with his tribesmen. He’s reserved, sending almost solely; when he speaks it’s with a raw, rasping voice. To him, the tribe must come first. He hunts for the tribe and protects them with every ounce of his strength. He watches over the tribe from a distance, refusing to grow close to others. This is so that if anything happens to him he can die without feeling regret or grief. He leads the hunt to persuade others to protect the tribe without having to display affection or true harshness towards them. Despite all his efforts not to feel deeply for others (and focusing all of his energy into the tribe), he burns with a loneliness that eats away at him. He is often perceived as being angry because of his quietness, but also partially to blame on his perpetually narrowed eyes.

Likes: Serpent Fang enjoys fishing and hunting. He finds pleasure in watching the younglings of the tribe and also in the satisfaction of providing for the tribe, even when it goes without acknowledgement or thanks. He also likes the black-and-white feathers of the sea birds that swoop over the ocean (these are the old, grey feathers that fringe the edge of his jacket). He also likes shells that are smoothed by the time of the tides and that gleam with the oily colors of mother of pearl.
Dislikes: He greatly dislikes change. Serpent Fang will do everything in his power to resist change, fighting it with a passion. He also dislikes anything he perceives as a threat to the tribe; this is anything from storms to strangers. He also dislikes being approached or disturbed.

Skills: Serpent Fang is a skilled hunter; this includes spear fishing and net fishing. He is a powerful swimmer, cutting through the waves like a fish (though he refuses to be turned into one). He also has the skill of mending leathers (he won’t fashion new ones, but he will repair old ones).

History: Serpent Fang was born to a pretty young elf named Seabird. She recognized at a younger age than most; resisting it with all her strength. In the end she conceded and bore the pregnancy valiantly. However, she never accepted her recognized, leaving him the dawn after conceding to recognition. She was too small and too frail to deliver her son. There was too much blood, too much pain, and too much went wrong. She lived long enough to see her son and hold him before her last breath escaped her. Serpent Fang never knew his mother and was raised between the women of the tribe. He was never given a particular amount of affection from any of them, but he was never neglected or abandoned. As an elfling, he played alone and learned to hunt at an early age. He prowled the sharp rock outcroppings near the Holt, straying a great distance at times. He always came back, however. He joined the hunt before he even knew his own Soulname. He had a staggering number of lovemates. Serpent Fang was lovemates with almost every woman in the tribe and several of the men as well. He had a couple for a number of years, but others only for a matter of days. He never stayed with any of them for long; never finding a way to fill the void that eats away at him. Serpent Fang became afraid to allow anyone close to himself and refused to make friends. He learned who his father was, but he never made an effort to form a bond with him. Serpent Fang could never pinpoint what he was lacking, but it eats away at him when he allows himself to waver in his devotion to his duty of providing for the tribe.

Any Other Information: Serpent Fang lives with the tribe, but spends little time in the Holt caves. He leads the hunt, but otherwise hunts alone. There is very little that escapes his sharp eyes, but he rarely interferes with the actions of others unless it has the potential of negatively affecting the tribe as a whole. Also, Serpent Fang thinks little of the WolfFolk. He has never made an effort to reach out and knows little about them. He has disdain for them, though, and would prefer that they kept their distance from the SeaFolk. He tends to ignore them when they keep their distance, but if they stray too close to the Holt, he grows hostile. Serpent Fang regards the WolfFolk as lesser than the SeaFolk because they aren’t known to swim well and haven’t adapted to the ocean. He also sees them as kindred of beasts because of their wolf companions. He doesn't understand them and has no inclination to ever get close enough to learn about them. He’s largely fine with them as long they stay away from the SeaFolk Holt.

Serpent Fang and Lace were once lovemates and Serpent Fang semi-frequently returns to her for comfort, whether this is through her soothing sending or sharing her furs, it depends.

Serpent Fang can do/does something called "black-sending". This is where sending causes physical pain to the recipient.* Serpent Fang has a much easier time of this than most. Serpent Fang also has very strong sending because it's all he does rather than speaking.

Bonded Animal: None
Serpent Fang 5ff4bccca3f76a2d4147f4e61013cdc0

*Note: Black-sending is what Winnowill does.

Last edited by Ember Robinwood on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:37 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding Image)
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Serpent Fang Empty Re: Serpent Fang

Post by Tidemist Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:19 pm

wow, bravo! what a detailed elf! and how thrilling to have our own seaside Strongbow.^^

all i would like to see added is a few sentences on his feelings about the WolfFolk, a quick spell check because you did make quite a few typos, and it seems you posted a picture? it's broken and won't show so please fix that. then i will be MOST delighted to approve this profile!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Nice to see that I won't be the only one with crazy detailed sheets! Very Happy Welcome! Smile
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:00 pm

please do NOT post your profile in the meet the tribe section. i will move this profile when i have approved it. i have deleted the other profile. i have to say explicitely that the profile is approved myself, once i see all the right changes are made.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Sorry about that. I wasn't exactly sure what to do with it once I'd edited. I'll move it back here.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:18 pm

thank you. you don't need to move it, i already copy and pasted that profile over here, replacing the original text.

NOW it is approved, and i will move it where it belongs.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:27 pm

Again, sorry about that. Also, thank you very much.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:43 pm

it's okay, and you're welcome.^-~ water under the bridge, so to speak.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:31 am

Serpent Fang was put down as the Hunt Leader for the WolfFolk rather than the SeaFolk. Just wanted to point that out. I actually find it rather amusing that he was listed under the right role but for the wrong tribe since he doesn't necessarily like the WolfFolk.  Cool 
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 am

oh! XD sorry, i'll fix that!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you Smile
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:40 pm

I realized that, without intending to, I accidentally made Serpent Fang look like Reef of the Wavedancers. I never read about the Wavedancers, so I had no idea I'd made him look like Reef.
Serpent Fang Reef%5B1%5D
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:54 pm

They have different skin colours though Smile And Reef is beautiful, so it's okay ;P
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:58 pm

and Serpent's hair is black, where Reef's is kind of like...a dull seaweed color. i think there is a fair difference between Reef and Serpent entirely.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Haha, that is true Smile
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down