High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Edge of the Forest

2 posters

Go down

Edge of the Forest Empty Edge of the Forest

Post by Tidemist Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:16 pm

All storylines with this setting will take place here.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Edge of the Forest Empty Re: Edge of the Forest

Post by Shinebright Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Oakroot followed the cubs, who were eager to find the silver birches. It was fun to see their exitement! And soon he was joining in, running after the cubs, ducking away, hiding and making them search for him. It was a fun morning and after much wandering, more then needed, because it was such fun chasing each other Oakroot didn't felt the need to redirect them to the right route, they finally reach  group of birches. Some were still small, perfect for bows!

"Let's eat first! I saw some berries overthere and I have some meat with me." Twig and Leaf thought they weren't hungry, but did hurry to pick the berries. And when they sat down, they were suprised how hungry they were and even quarrelled over who got the last piece.

After they finished eating Oakroot walked to the birches again. "We need four trees,  you need to find a tree with a trunk you can barely hold in your hand, it should be as straight as possible and larger the yourself!" He looked around and was pleased to see most of the trees were fairly straight. A little leaning to one side wasn't a trouble, not for his methode of making bows.

"Yes, good size, but that one is too thin. It need to be thicker." He showed it to the cubs and found himself a good looking tree. It wasn't straight, but that was something he could mend. "See how my fingers just barely meet my thumb? It has to be like this, because we need to clear the shaft of its bark too. Shave it and staighten it ou too." Oakroot took his axe and started cutting it down, after the cubs eagerly resumed their search. Not long after there were five nice looking trees laying on the ground, four were meant to become bows and one was gonna be a spear.

"First we must remove the bark, here you have a cutting stone. Take the shaft in your hand and with the other hand you firmly scrape away from you, down the shaft. Remember! Away from you!" He looked at Leaf and saw she first made a cut and then started scraping. **Good! Excellent work! This will make a great bow!** He locksend to her. **You have a good approach! It almost looks like the bark is simply falling from the shaft.** He locksended to Twig too. He never favored one over the other and when the both did the same chore he locksended mostly to let them know what he was thinking. "Don't forget to clear the shaft of all the little braches and twigs. Try to make it as smooth as possible."
With years of practise he quickly removed the bark from his three shafts. "Who knows what we need to do next?" Both Twig and Leaf talked. "Now we cut it into shape!" "We now can make the string!"
"No, sorry, both of you are wrong! First we need to straighten the shafts. And the easiest way to do this is with....... water!"
"....Euh, water? That is strange, how can water help?" "That is just wierd!" Both cubs looked at him, almost laughing at him for making a joke.
"No, I am serious! Let's gather our belongings and return to the holt." Oakroot collected all the bark and scattered it around. At one of his journeys he had learned that it was better this way for the forest and new plants. He straped the five shafts together and guided the cubs back to the holt.

He locksended to Ridge, so he would know where his siblings were.
"Also, my cousins, now is a good time to think of the shade for your bow. Light or dark."
The cubs started thinking as they walked home.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:54 am

Edge of the Forest Sepera10
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content