Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 28 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:25 pm
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Kaimeta on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:21 am

Kai smiled a sweet smile at Spur. She'd known the old one a long time, and it didn't surprise her when he took a formal tone as always with her. "Yes." Kai said smiling at Brooksong. "I have seen her handiwork first hand, if she can learn to call on it at will, I feel she will be among the greatest healers we've seen." She put her arm around her niece. "I have every faith she will do her best." She smiled again her eyes sparkling.

Kai knew it would be hard to find the power at will, it could be for healers, but Kai knew that if anyone could find the power, it would be Brooksong. "So tell us Spur how are your aches today and don't lie to me this time." She said lifting her arm off Brooksong's shoulder and shaking her finger at the aging Wolf elf teasingly.

_________________
Avatar by Shinebright
avatar
Kaimeta
High One

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 33
Location : Lost in the Labyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Leanan on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:29 am

Stormcloud heard no answer to her questions. She realized the others had left already. She went on working on the kill.

Oakroot's sending did not surprise her, it was typical of him to make sure everyone was safe. **Okay. I'll be going to see Tidemist soon.** She replied to her uncle.

She continued skinning. Finally the stag was finished. She skinned the rabbits as well. They were quicker work, being so small. Once her task was done, she began eating some of the rabbit flesh, raw and bloody. Although she appreciated the taste of cooked meat, she preferred it raw, like a traditional WolfFolk elf. **Kaimeta? I am done skinning**, she sent to the High One.
avatar
Leanan

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 564
Join date : 2014-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Octopus Exchange - No squid!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Kaimeta on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:58 am

Stormcloud's sending brushed Kai's mind. ** Thank you Stormcloud. Sorry to disappear on you, I wanted to see Supr and as for my mic up, forgive me, I didn't realize you were speaking with Brooksong.** She paused. **If you're going to see Tidemist soon I can put off gathering herbs till later, I'd rather fun be had any day.** The smile in her sending was bright and warm. ** We wont be to much longer with Spur, if you'd like to wait for Brooksong.** Kai sent hoping to encourage. She felt off today like there was something missing, something she needed more than air.

But being stubborn the High One refused to admit that she was feeling anything but her best and despite the light sleep she'd gotten, she would never admit she felt half of herself incomplete and hollow.

** I might spend the day on the beach once we're done here, while you find your sea legs so to speak.** Kai sent to the other elf. It could be that Kai was in some small way hoping to see a certain sea elf no the beach but she would never admit to that. She was nothing if not stuck in her ways.

Spoiler:
sorry if this sucks. I hurt my finger which makes typing hard and i've got no really inspiration atm. but i didn't want to leave sweet storm cloud hanging..

_________________
Avatar by Shinebright
avatar
Kaimeta
High One

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 33
Location : Lost in the Labyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Leanan on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Stormcloud continued chewing on the fresh rabbit flesh as she sent back: **I shall wait for you both and then we can go together. Are you planning to have this stag wrapped by the preservers?** She asked. She would eat some of one of the rabbits right away, but she planned to get one of the preservers to wrap the rest, for later. She would also need a change of clothes before heading for the beach - she was wearing short trousers and of course that would not work when getting shaped with a tail.

**I look forward to it**, she sent to the High One.
avatar
Leanan

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 564
Join date : 2014-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Octopus Exchange - No squid!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Delhya on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Brooksong became more red at Kaimeta's next comment, and cast her gaze down at the floor. **I will come with but not sure about going to far out into the water today** she sent back to Stormcloud her embarrassment tinged the send a little. She kinda of wanted to wait for Serpentfang to show her around since he said he would. She did not want to hurt his feelings by going out with the others. Plus she was not sure about the fleshshaping she had never seen it before and was curious but unsure if she was ready to experience it first hand

Spur snorted indignantly, which was as rude as he ever got in front of the Highone even when grumpy he had been grumpy. " I have never lied, just may not have complained about little ache. I am doing well enough though I think we are due for an early whitecold by my bones" He spoke back to the Highone. "So you have the talent for that huh? Must be from you mothers side, though I guess you could have gotten it from you sire's as well. Who knows," he chuckled at his cryptic meaning
avatar
Delhya

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 482
Join date : 2014-08-05
Location : Where I am.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Kaimeta on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 am

** Yes thank you Stormcloud** Kai responded to her question about having the meat wrapped. She smiled and it was in her sending bright and warm. **I should be by the beach later to day to send you and Brooksong if she chooses on your ocean adventure.**

Kai's smile never faded. "And is that not telling me about a little pain that lead to you being stuck in your den now." She said with the tone of a tolerant parent. "So tell me now or I'll leave you with the same advice as before." The High One spoke to the physically older elf.

** After this, Brooksong, we can go gather herbs if you still wish too.**

_________________
Avatar by Shinebright
avatar
Kaimeta
High One

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 33
Location : Lost in the Labyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Leanan on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:22 pm

**All right, I will make sure your meat gets wrapped too**, Stormcloud sent back to Kaimeta. To Brooksong she lock-sent, encouragingly: **come along, I'm sure it will be fun!**

Stormcloud whistled, a signal that the Preservers knew well.
Soon Ripeberry fluttered down from the higher branches, yawning. "Whyfor Littlebig Highthing up-around earlytimes? Ripeberry all sleepyhead berryfuzzy!" It complained - no doubt it had enjoyed the festival drinks, like many of the elves.

"Good morning to you too, Ripeberry", Stormcloud replied, "I was wondering if you would wrap some meat for me and the High One?"

"Ripeberry make wrapstuff, yes!" It said eagerly.

While Ripeberry wrapped the rabbit meat,
Stormcloud cut the stag into pieces of a more manageable size, so that one elf could carry any of the pieces. Ripeberry continued wrapping Kaimeta's stag meat while Stormcloud went back to her den and changed into a leather skirt. She wondered on what she might need on a trip to the ocean depths, but decided to just take her knives.
avatar
Leanan

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 564
Join date : 2014-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Octopus Exchange - No squid!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Kaimeta on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:08 am

Kai smiled. She would have to do something special for the younger elf soon, other than shape her to venture into the waters. She knew that the adventurous elf would love the world under the waves.

After seeing to Spur, she reminded the aging elf again to call if he needed anything and she would be here as fast as she could float, and again the aging elf nodded and said he would although he never did, Kai stood and left the den.

Stretching in the warm mid mooring sun, Kai's limb felt crunched. She was to tall to be ducking in and out of the wolf folk dens, but she was even less equipped to go diving about the sea folk caves. Ah the lives elves lead these days. She smiled again.

Moving back to the clearing Kai smiled at Rippeberry. "Thank you for wrapping those for me." the high one said to the creature. She gathered the wrapped meat into her bag and delivered the skin to the tanner for working, she needed new straps for her quiver and swords.

"Well if you are willing we can gather herbs or we can take a break and head to the hut, for a meal before hand." If Stromcould was going to need shaping it would be best if Kai was near for that before she went gathering.

"So what say you?" She said Brooksong as she took a seat against a tree.

_________________
Avatar by Shinebright
avatar
Kaimeta
High One

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 33
Location : Lost in the Labyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Delhya on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Brooksong followed Kaimeta out of the den after a nodding a farewell to Spur "We can head back toward the beach and see what we can find on the way there" she looked up at Kaimeta "That way we could drop these all off by your hut or where ever you want to store them." She called Moonhowl over " He can help us carry it so it will just be one trip and then we can do to where ever we like."

"When were you expected Stormcloud?" she said looking over at the huntress.
avatar
Delhya

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 482
Join date : 2014-08-05
Location : Where I am.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Kaimeta on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:06 am

Kai smiled and stood. "Sound like a good idea." Walking over to her niece and her bonded wolf, " and what sort of reward would be fitting of our kind wolf friend?" She mused for a moment, and smile, " Mayhap I have something fitting at the hut, we can look around."

**What is Moonhowl's favorite snack?** she lock sent to Brooksong. Kai wanted to give the great creature something he would like for carrying the meat for them.

Kai wondered and not for the first time in her long life what it would be like to have a bond so strong with such a wondrous creature. Aside from recognition Kai would never experience a bond like what the wolf folk had with their wolf friends. At times she envied them for such a unique gift, to have someone so near to you like that.

These thoughts turned her mind to Tern and their newly formed bond, one that she wasnt sure how to go forward with. The thought made her heart ache and her breath catch, she wondered if she should reach out to him, to call or send to him, anything but she couldn't bring herself to reach out to her hearts desire.

" When you ladies are ready, let's make for the beach. I'll make us a mid day meal when we arrive. It should be about time." She smiled, though her eyes were semi- distant and almost sad.

_________________
Avatar by Shinebright
avatar
Kaimeta
High One

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 33
Location : Lost in the Labyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Leanan on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Stormcloud took a couple of the meat bundles also. She thanked Ripeberry for its work. The preserver replied with a few screeched "Breet-deeet-deeeet-deeets", and flitted off back to the branches, perhaps to continue its interrupted rest.

"Tidemist did not specify a time", Stormcloud replied to Brooksong. "I forgot to ask about it yesterday, so many things happened at the festival."

"Thank you for your offer, but I have just eaten. The rabbit was very good." Stormcloud told the High One. "And much as I'd like to have some of that delicious drink again, something tells me I'll be needing my wits sharp this day."
avatar
Leanan

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 564
Join date : 2014-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Octopus Exchange - No squid!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Delhya on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Brooksong nodded "I am ready to go now" she said cheerfully and went to tie two of the larger bundles together placing it on Moonhowls shoulders to carry. he seemed un-phased by the extra weight. She then picked up one herself hiking it up onto her shoulder almost losing her balance but caught herself. "Oh he's not to picky about free food. Though he will snitch some of fathers fish now and again when he is not looking." she giggled. "Maybe we can see if he like fish from the beach later?"
avatar
Delhya

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 482
Join date : 2014-08-05
Location : Where I am.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Shinebright on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Oakroot stepped into the clearing and walked to a pit he had dug a day before. It was near the small stream and it was filled with water. "Now we must let our shafts soak overnight. The wood must be full of water so we can bend it the way we like it. We need to make them a little more straight." He carefully dropped the shafts in the water.
"For now we are done. Can you go to Windgrace? I need to do something and unfortunatly you can't join me."
Under great protest they went back to the Everhometree.
Cubs were asked to grow up soon, but not too soon. At this age they were never left alone. But, as proved yesterday, cubs will do what ever they like...

He turned around and walked back into the forest, he overheard Brooksong on going to the beach. Seems more Wolffolk would ge going. He smiled, usually days passed, if not moons when he would go to the beach, now two days in a row!

_________________
We Hunt! We Howl! and We Live Free!
&
Calm Seas and Gentle Tidings!
avatar
Shinebright

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 482
Join date : 2014-12-05
Age : 42
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Kaimeta on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Kai nodded. "Sounds like a great plan." She said." Shall we?" She said with a gesture to towards the beach. She would send to Tide as they got closer to let the other elfess know they were coming.

"I hope you enjoy your adventure today." She grinned. For all her years she never had and in all likely hood never would enter the water of the seas father than her calves. She dreaded the unseen dangers that lurked out there. She knew it was silly but she couldn't shake the fear. Maybe it was more from her very long life or that the water was not her natural environment but she shivered at the thought.

The sun started breaking through the leaves more and more the closer and closer they got to the beach and the hut. Kai noticed she needed to patch a few places of her roof before the next storm, and she decided she would roast in leaves some of the meat from her hunt for her evening meal tonight. Her fire pit needed cleaned out too. So much left undone and not for the first time she wondered why she let it all go so long.

_________________
Avatar by Shinebright
avatar
Kaimeta
High One

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 33
Location : Lost in the Labyrinth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Leanan on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:37 am

Stormcloud carried some of the wrapstuffed meat bundles towards the beach, to the High One's home.

"I'm really looking forward to it!" Stormcloud said in an excited tone, "I think all I dreamed last night was about fishes!" She admitted. In her imagination, and thus also in her dreams, the underwater world was kind of like a forest, since a forest was the only world she knew. In her imagination coral was like trees and fishes swam among it like birds in branches.
avatar
Leanan

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 564
Join date : 2014-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Octopus Exchange - No squid!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clearing in front of the Everhometree: Open.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum