High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

I need advice.

5 posters

Go down

What should I do?

I need advice. I_vote_lcap0%I need advice. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
I need advice. I_vote_lcap50%I need advice. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
I need advice. I_vote_lcap50%I need advice. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

I need advice. Empty I need advice.

Post by Kaimeta Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:39 am

I like you guys and I think that coming to you guys who are total third parties with nothing to gain either way by the out come you guys are perfect to turn to for advice.

Now this involves Final Fantasy XIV(a game) and 2 guilds on two different severs. And yes i know that this is all kind of silly in the light of the real world but the real world annoys me, with its. 'need experience to get experience." Crap.

Ok so i wil not be naming names, cause Tide knows some of these people and i want to keep the as fair as as i can.

So Guild 1 on World 1 recently changed a bunch of stuff and re did the ranking system for the guild. Now i'm not usually one to throw a fit but in this case I did. I've done a lot for the guild from getting a in game planting rotation going to reordering and filling the company chest from things I've gathered or bought. So that was my time and in game money.

So when they redid the ranks I and everyone else who wasn't an officer or married to an officer.(though i found out later than the hubby of the officer donated like 4 million gil to help get the Guild house, so i'm totally cool with where he is. cause man that's impressive, i can barely get 400,000 gil together) to the second lowest rank right above the new to the guild people. so it's set up like this.

Founder,
Officer one
officer two
Generals
Highest member rank
US(second rank)
noobs

I was the in the highest member rank with promises of an officer position when this reworking happened... we see how well they keep promises...

So that really up set me made me feel like all the work and effort time and in game money i put into the guild didn't mean anything. I talked to the leader and she said that she and the other officers thought that cause of all if've done for the guild they would give me my original rank back, but i couldn't have the "Cermeony"(like i honestly care about it) if i didn't complete the Trials.

Now the trials. (Note they changed the ranks BEFORE they had this trial crap worked out. So for a couple weeks the Guild board just said something about enduring hilarity to move up in ranks. I kid you not)

Ok so these trials aren't really that bad honestly, but they are hazing at it's cuddliest.

The first one is running a dungeon in seasonal gear, another is joining a party and the officer chooses the dungeon you run, another is basically how you would walk a noob through a dungeon. The one i don't care for is the Bingo but that's more cause i don't like to send pics from my PC to my Mac its a hassle and a pain.

So this has been in place for almost a month and i've been trying to get one of these freaking runs together so i can get the rank that they promised me i could have back(which I still don't have btw).

To top it all off on top of me having to pay for or gather the stuff for the garden and chest, they want 10K of my in game money now too. To decorate the house,and other well crap. (thing is you are getting my money if i have no say in how you spend it in a Guild environment. not happening cause i don't use the inside of the house and i can't have a second garden plot. so yeah but no..) however i told one of the officers that I would give like 1/4 of the garden profits after my looses were recovered, and she seemed good with that but. i've never had an guild nearly demand you donate to them and give you an amount to give each month.

SO that's Guild one on world one.

On to guild 2 on world 2

They have asked that if i have time to tend the plants in the gardens. They have a planting rotation and all that figured out, they are usually on all the time or someone is. they are always willing to run stuff with you, (and so if G1 but G2 people dropped 30 min queues to run something with me.)

Ive been working on my miner class in the game, G2 is willing to outfit in full the lvl 50 miners with the best gear, G1 hasn't even suggested helping in any other way that "you could borrow the gil" (( a successful garden in game can bring in over a million gil a month)) and i can borrow the money...

G2 people are chatty, and fun they like to joke around and their private chat is always making noise. The only time G1's private chat is going off is when Officer 1 wants something from us.

Now here's where i need advice.

Do i leave G1 and W1 for G2 and W2? I have a lot of friends on world 1 and i'd hate to leave them.
Or do I just leave G1? do I look for a new guild in world 1? would that be strange? I have a friend that I brought into the game, and she's in G1 on World 1 and if i leave she most likely wont follow me, but do i leave her? the only reason she plays at all is cause i gave her a copy of the game.

g2 is bigger than g1 and thus there most likely aren't any chances to move past member which in a guild that size i'm ok with and they never promised me an officer position. Im just not sure what to do and i really need advice from someone out side it all, cause g1 people have something to gain and so do g2 people.

i have presented what's happened in as unbiased way as possible to keep your decisions fair and honest. feel free to ask questions for more info if you want.

OH! I finally got them to sort of commit to a trial run this sunday. I'm not sure if that's going to work.

(I do understand that Real life comes first and i supper that greatly, but these are their rules and their hurdles that i have to jump so they should i feel be a little more accommodating to the people that are trying to play the stupid game they have set up)
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

I need advice. Empty Re: I need advice.

Post by Tidemist Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:45 pm

i think G1 sounds ridiculous and is giving you the run around...that or whoever the leaders are are not actual leaders, but just want things to go their way.

personally i would lay down my terms and give them a time period. "hey, i wanna be higher rank. i'll do what i gotta do, but i want this all resolved for good or bad by the 20th". if they comply, then alright. if not...well, pretty much tell em sayanora.

quite honestly though, it leaves a sour taste in MY mouth that you were promised a rank anyway, and didn't get it, and have to go through the run around like everyone else. and i'm assuming you do contribute a LOT to this guild, so wtf is the gratitude?! W2 sounds like they would appreciate you MUCH more. this is a game, isn't it suppose to be fun and not entirely business-like?

(p.s, if you need me to beat up anyone i will. just give me a hint on what their name is, and THEY WILL SUFFER!!...seriously.>.> kayz lots of love<3^^)
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:49 pm

I agree with Tidemist.
I am out of the gamingscene for a long time though.

It sounds like G1 is making promisses they aren't willingbto keep. If they promissed you a higher rank before all the changes, they should have given it the moment they introduced the changes, because you didn't ask for them. And asking for money, real or not is no good way to lead a game... unless you need to buy stuff from them.

G2 is more realistic. No primisses, but good old fasion fun. I don't know if your part is big or small, but if it is gonna be bigger they seem to be the kind of leaders to consider a higher rank in the future. You could ask what you have to do to get a higher rank ofcourse, then they can always explain why they don't or what you need to do to get it...

And I think if you explain all this to your friend she/he would understand any decision you make.

Hope this helps.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:06 am

thanks guys! i still have to decide and that' the part i hate lol but i'm leaning towards leaving the other all the same even if i leave my other friends. that;s where i get hung up.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:50 pm

I wish I could help, but I know nothing about games and guilds and such.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:40 am

So we switched severs. so far it's been a good thing.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:03 pm

gratz
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 pm